cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Courtesy Callback Exception Error Message

joerunning
Level 1
Level 1

On my test bench I've recently configured Courtesy Callback, but I cannot get past an error message that says "Contact id: 59548, Contact is inactive when getting channel".

All the steps work correctly up until the agent presses any digit to initiate the courtesy callback. Using active debugging, when the agent accepts the callback and the routing script moves to the successful step and attempts the "Call Redirect (--Triggering Contact-- to CallingNumber)" it invariably fails with an Exception popup with "contact is inactive when getting channel" and I cannot figure out why. I've searched and am not able to find out anything that defines that error message enough to direct me to a solution.

I am using UCCX version 12.5 and I have two call control groups configured, one inbound and one outbound. I am able to use the Call Redirect step successfully in any other routing script except for this one.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joerunning
Level 1
Level 1

Success: this does work in UCCX 12.5!!!

The exception error message ("contact is inactive when getting channel") is not very clear in trying to point you toward the actual issue until you understand the logic.

When the inbound caller successfully chooses to receive a call back, their CallingNumber is stored as a String and their call is terminated. Because they have been disconnected a --TriggeringContact-- no longer exists.

In the next step a NEW call is originated by the Place Call step to await an agent. When an agent receives this NEW call they are prompted to press a digit to accept and initiate the call back to the caller's stored number. This is accomplished through the Call Redirect step, which I had misconfigured. In the Call Redirect step the default Call Contact is --Triggering Contact-- and the drop-down box was greyed-out which typically indicates to the eye that it cannot be changed, so I left it at default. This is what was causing the exception message since the --Triggering Contact-- is no longer connected.

Once I realized the Call Contact box was was not actually locked I found I could change it to be the phantom caller Contact variable I had configured. Now the Call Redirect step has a live call connected to an agent that can be connected to the original CallingNumber of the person awaiting a call back. I've tested it successfully internally and externally both with the caller's default number and when the caller enters a different call back number.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello joerunning, 

Maybe I am wrong, but I have never heard that Courtesy Callback can be configured on UCCX. Courtesy Callback is the feature of UCCE/PCCE, but not for the UCCX. In UCCE/PCCE for Courtesy Callback the Agent does not press anything to make a Callback to the client - the system does the Callback automatically when the Expected Wait Time is less than a configured value. 

Can you please explain more in detail your scenario? It is hard to understand what your Callback has to do. Then we will see how to help you. 

Hello, Dmytro.

Yes, courtesy callback will work on UCCX. I've seen it in action on version 12.5 on someone else's system. I'm just not able to get past this exception message and I am unable to determine why.

Hi @joerunning , I think the confusion is you're asking about CCX Callback. Courtesy callback is the UCCE/PCCE version that @Dmytro Benda is referring to and works much differently, I think that's the confusion.
Anyway, here's a thead re: the CCX callback where someone else ran into your issue and posted their solution/findings.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/contact-inactive-when-getting-channel-call-back-from-q/td-p/2091868

Hi, Bill.

Thanks, yes. That does clear up what Dmytro was saying. I made the assumption that the terms were simply interchangeable.

Yes, I am working on this is UCCX. I had seen that other thread, but it didn't exactly match my thought process so I didn't take a thorough look at it. I'll take another look now.

Thanks to you both!

joerunning
Level 1
Level 1

Success: this does work in UCCX 12.5!!!

The exception error message ("contact is inactive when getting channel") is not very clear in trying to point you toward the actual issue until you understand the logic.

When the inbound caller successfully chooses to receive a call back, their CallingNumber is stored as a String and their call is terminated. Because they have been disconnected a --TriggeringContact-- no longer exists.

In the next step a NEW call is originated by the Place Call step to await an agent. When an agent receives this NEW call they are prompted to press a digit to accept and initiate the call back to the caller's stored number. This is accomplished through the Call Redirect step, which I had misconfigured. In the Call Redirect step the default Call Contact is --Triggering Contact-- and the drop-down box was greyed-out which typically indicates to the eye that it cannot be changed, so I left it at default. This is what was causing the exception message since the --Triggering Contact-- is no longer connected.

Once I realized the Call Contact box was was not actually locked I found I could change it to be the phantom caller Contact variable I had configured. Now the Call Redirect step has a live call connected to an agent that can be connected to the original CallingNumber of the person awaiting a call back. I've tested it successfully internally and externally both with the caller's default number and when the caller enters a different call back number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: