cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Generated Prompt - Speak date retrieved from a Database

rguenther
Level 1
Level 1

My question is not about speaking D[Now], todays date.  I want to retrieve dates from a data base and speak those to a customer.

I am able to retrieve the dates and place them into variables.  But, I need assistance in creating the variables that the create generated prompt requires and recognizes in order to speak the date.

The create generator prompt uses the following:  Generator type - Date, Constructor Type - Date.  When I select that, the only date arguments are D[now] and T[now].  My understanding is both of those are for speaking the current date and time.

I created date type variables but after looking at numerous examples in the community none of them address speaking dates retrieved from a database.

1) what type of variables do I place the date (12/01/21) retrieved from a database

2) how do I convert that into the format required by the create generated prompt.

3) or if you have a better way of doing this, I am definitely open to that.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

If the variable doesn't show in the drop down list, then you don't have one of the right type. Look up in the manual what kind of argument that function wants. Once you have a variable of the right data type populate, that should work.