Helpful
Replies

CTIOS call gets cleared out before being answered

saharhanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have upgraded the UCCE call center and call manager to v 9.0

When I connect CTIOS 9.0 and try to perform a test call, the call appears on CTIOS and gets instantly cleared out before having the chance to answer it.

On the agent's phone, the call appears as "Missed Call"

I have already checked the SIP trunk, the CSS and Partitions on Call Manager and they are not the problem.

What am I missing? Something related to RONA?

Thanks,

Sahar

10 Replies 10

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sahar,

You can verify the Ring No Answer Setting in the Agent Desk Settings.

What happens if you have Auto Answer enabled ? And is Extension to Extension call works fine ? does that also have the same behaviour ?

Regards,

Senthil

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the RONA setting in ICM configuration manager, in CVP Ops SIP tab, and in call manager and set them as recommended.

When I enabled auto-answer, the call was also answered and cleared out instantly and then the wrap-up reason window appeared. On the agent phone, I didn't get a missed call.

Any ideas?

Sahar

Ok, then this looks like there is some issue after the media is established between phone and gateway.

Can you check the Call Manager,Gateway and CVP Logs. What exactly the SIP messages are telling ?

Regards,

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

Can you please point me to those SIP messages?

How can I generate Call Manager logs?

Thank you,

Sahar

You probably need to look into the SDI/SDL Logs from Call manager.  You can collect these Logs from RTMT tool which comes as plugin with  CUCM.

You also may need to enable the Traces to Detail in CUCM. The below doc should explain you a lot

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

Regards,

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

Thank you for sharing the above document, it was very useful.

Concerning the error logs, if found nothing suspicious on both CVP and Call Manager sides

On call manager SIP messages I get the following message :

2013/06/05 15:37:37.404          578          55557          55557          CVPTrunk          SEP0016D362DFB3          ( 16 ) Normal call clearing. Explanation: The call is being cleared because one of the users involved in the call has requested that the call be cleared.

On the other hand, on the gateway I get the following errors:

.Jun  5 12:48:06.695: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/voipCodec_to_rtpAvpCodec: Unexpected VoIPCodec Type :transparent

.Jun  5 14:48:06.695: %SIP-3-UNSUPPORTED: Unsupported ptime value

.Jun  5 12:48:11.000: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/sip_tcp_createconnfailed_to_spi: TCP create conn failed to SPI (addr:192.168.0.11, port:5060)

.Jun  5 12:48:11.004: //894/00DB5A858231/SIP/Error/sipTransportPostSendFailure: Posting send failure msg

.Jun  5 12:48:11.004: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/act_active_send_msg_failure: Send Error to 192.168.0.11:5060 for transport TCP

.Jun  5 12:48:11.028: //895/00DB5A858231/SIP/Error/sact_disconnecting_new_message_request: Ignoring request(INVITE)

.Jun  5 12:48:15.612: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/sipSPISipIncomingMsg: Invalid method for (STATE_IDLE): BYE

.Jun  5 12:51:14.643: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/sip_tcp_sockerror_to_spi: Send TCP Socket Error Msg to SPI , connid: 2, sock_fd: 2, errno = 260, reason_code: 0

.Jun  5 12:51:14.643: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/ccsip_spi_process_event: Bad CCB in event 49

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Sahar

Looks like some issue with CODEC negotiation between endpoints. If you see the SIP messages in the CUCM for the call you are looking. You should get some error for the whole SIP transaction

Rregards,

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

Attached are the SIP messages from the Call Manager.

I spotted in the file G722 although the SIP trunk is configured for G711

Thank you,

Sahar

schakra
Level 1
Level 1

can you check and disable advertising G7222 codec in cucm global parameter.

Thanks,
Sourav

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Sahar,

Its quite difficult to identify what exactly the problem is by just looking the CUCM SIP mesages. As you know here we have VoiceGateway,CVP and CUCM. It is always better and good to analyze the call on all the devices. I would suggest you to collect all the Log sets for a single call

CVP (Set the SIP traces to DEBUG41 and com.dynamicsoft.DsLibs.DsUALibs to Debug)

Gateway (debug CCSIP messages, debug voip ccapi inout)

CUCM (traces to be details)

Probably something related to codec configuration or Region configuration in CUCM. I think Codec are being selected by the Region configuration in CUCM.  You can try the above step by stopping the CUCM to advertise the G722 codec

Cheers...

Senthil