Helpful
Replies

cucm and cuc license

Eng.AymanSabry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

i want to know what do i need to buy as license for a newly fomed company

i have 10 ip phones 7821 ( basic license )

i need to make auto-attendant IVR with unity connection i dont need voicemail for the phones 

my Q

1 - does AA need license ?

2 - If AA dont need license should i buy lowest bundle of voicemail just to license the cuc

3 - I will bring my own server i dont need B6000 will that matters

4 - when i buy license from any supplier online do i recieve serial number like windows with hard copy

Note . i want to use CUCM and CUC for future expansion i dont need CUCME at all i already have my voice gateway

2 Replies 2

Likely your best option is to contact a Cisco partner to discuss this.

Response Signature

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi,

Just as information to your answers. although said by @Roger Kallberg you need to contact Cisco Partner to get the license and support.

1. AA requires license. Which ever machine you installed you need to install license.

2. CUC and CUCM must meet the spec based servers allowed as per Cisco policy.

3. I cannot comment how u will get license from supplier online, usually the latest versions are smart account enabled. the licenses are available in Cisco Smart Account (Cisco Cloud). your product need to be synced with the Cisco Cloud using Cisco Smart Software Manager Satellite (network sync or manual sync).

For CUC based IVR, Cisco provides 2 types of licenses, for basic IVR you require basic licenses and for ASR / TTS base IVR you require CUC advance IVR licenses. For IVR, you require Unity connection ports and assign to your Voicemail profile. If you don't want voicemails make sure don't configure voicemail section in CUCM extensions page.

Hope i address your questions.

regards,

Ritesh

Please rate the post if found helpful.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: