cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Changing the Start day of the week

sarbarnes
Level 4
Level 4

I am currently trying to change the start if the week from a Sunday to a Monday, so that my reports run from Monday to Sunday, not Sunday to Saturday.

Has anybody changed this or know how to do it? is it part of CUIC or part of UCCE that needs to be changed.

Thanks Sarah

10 Replies 10

karenhcheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sarah,

I believe what you are after is done in CUIC. It will be in the report definitions and dependent on the SQL query used.

Are you using relative dates to allow the user to select options such as 'This Week', ' Last Week' etc?

If so the query can be changed to reflect the start of the week as a Monday instead.

For example for my reports using relative dates the 'This Week' query is the following (I've cutout the lines that are not relevant) which returns the 17/12/2012 and 23/12/2012 which is Monday and Sunday for this week:

@RelativeDate =3
SELECT @BeginDate = CASE @RelativeDate

WHEN 3 THEN CONVERT(Varchar(30),DATEADD(dd,-6,DATEADD(wk,(DATEPART(ww, GETDATE())-0),CONVERT(char(4),DATEPART(yyyy, GETDATE())))))
      ELSE @AbsBegin
      END

SELECT @EndDate = CASE @RelativeDate
     WHEN 3 THEN CONVERT(Varchar(30),DATEADD(dd,-0,DATEADD(wk,(DATEPART(ww, GETDATE())-0),CONVERT(char(4),DATEPART(yyyy, GETDATE())))) + '23:59:00')
     ELSE @AbsEnd
     END

SELECT
@BeginDate, @EndDate;
END

Hope that helps.

Karen Cheng

Hi Karen, that definitely helps...

I tried to create a 'relative' Call Type skill group Reportfor a customer, worked fine on the lab system, wouldn't load at all on the customers site which is incredibly frustrating.

So the code you have sent through will help me to create a realtive date report, hopefully for agent data as well as Call type/skill group....

Another question you might be able to answer is

How do you get a daily One line summary for an agent that takes calls from more than one skill group.

or show a one line summary for a skill group that takes calls from many Call types.

Thanks again for you help, much appreciated.

Hi Sarah,

No worries on the Relative Dates.

The other question is a tad harder to answer but here goes.

Basically for the agent summary you need to extract the data out of the historical tables (Something like Agent_Skill_Group_Half_Hour) and sum it together to get a daily total.

This would also apply for skill groups - the data in the skill group tables are for calls queued, offered to that skill group regardless of call type. Try looking at the Skill_Group_Half_Hour table for the data you are after and again Summing together to get the daily total.

An example is for getting all calls handled by a particular skill group on a particular day:

SELECT

Skill_Group.EnterpriseName,  

Skill_Group.SkillTargetID,

Skill_Group.EnterpriseName,

Handled = SUM(ISNULL(SGHH.CallsHandledToHalf, 0))

FROM

Skill_Group,  
Skill_Group_Half_Hour SGHH

WHERE

(Apply date formula - either using DATEPART) or using relative dates ...

GROUP BY

(apply grouping)

ORDER BY

(again apply the correct fields to order by)

Hope that helps

Karen

Hi,

Is it the same in Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Version 12.5(1) Build 12.5.1.11002.481?

I wanted to change start day of the week from Sunday to Monday.

Currently using Data Range - Last Week

I don't see the option to edit SQL definitions. Unless, I'm looking in the wrong place.

Cisco docs are very limited and not include any useful information about it. 

Thanks

MapleLeaf
Level 1
Level 1

There is an option under the end user in CUIC to set the first day of week.

Will this change impact only schedules scheduled by the user for who the first of the week is changed?

This user currently is:

Report Definition Designer

Dashboard Designer

Security Administrator

Value List Collection Designer

Report Designer

System Configuration Administrator

currently we have this set to: 

Start Day Of The Week

Locale Based (Sunday)

Thanks

Thank you for sharing. Changing the default value to Monday allowed me to generate reports in the desired format. 

MapleLeaf
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, the change will impact only the user and their scheduled reports and any reports they run.

Is there any option to set reports to include data from Monday 8 am to the following Monday 8 am?

If I choose Monday to start day of the week it will include Monday to Sunday.

Some reports allow you to do that type of range, but many do not as you noted. You'd likely have to adjust the report definition to account for those types of ranges.