cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC - "Checking report execution progress" - but report runs fine?

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a custom report which runs fine.
The SQL when copied from CUIC SQL output runs directly on the SQL Server in less than 1 second.

The CUIC report runs and outputs successfully, but I noted that the footer values were not visible and that the report continuously is stating "Checking report execution progress" and never changes to "Success".

Any ideas  on why this might occur?

For info - this is UCCE and CUIC 12.6

Gerry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

OK Finally - I think I found the bug.

Its not related to the SQL in itself.
If I include any column with a footer (set to SUM) in the report definition the issue occurs.

if I don't have this - the report completes to success - but then obviously I don't have the footer values - which I wanted!

Thanks for your input / help Bill. I have a TAC open - so I will update it with this info.

Regards,

Gerry

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Out of curiosity, what type of report is it? They have this defect but not exactly same scenario as yours. Is yours a real time report I'm guessing?
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvv78840

Bill,

Its not that bug - as that bug states the SQL query has the same issue on the AW SQL Server itself.
When I run the SQL query - it works perfectly fine.

So I believe the SQL is good and that this is a CUIC bug.

Its not a very typical SQL query - as it contains a pivot and is a little more complex than a typical SQL query.

In CUIC this is created as a anonymous block.

Its a pretty nice report (if I do say so myself!).

It shows the repeat callers to the contact centre in a nice clear manner against all CallTypes. As I say the CUIC report runs perfectly fine (but without the footer row, which I believe that purely related to CUIC not thinking the report has completed).

I have confirmed the same issue occurs in the lab - even if there is only a single row in the RCD table.

Here the SQL itself - if you want to have a look at it.

https://orourke.tv/web/doku.php?id=vendors:cisco:uc:icm:sql#repeat_callers_with_totals_and_percent_v2

Regards,

Gerry

I know there a couple bugs specific to anonymous block reports. If you reduce say the number of parameters the user can choose, does it work?

Bill,

There are only two parameters, ":start_date" and ":end_date"

Regards,

Gerry

As a test can you change it to database query format to see if that makes any difference for it?

Bill,

I gave that a go. I had to create it as a Real time report and fix the DateTime to be > GetDate()-30 (last 30 days).

The report ran the same but with the same issue.

Gerry

Very strange. I know this doesn't solve the issue, but if you try and use only the temp1 and temp2 tables (or even just temp1), does it work then? In other words, is it some type of nesting issue that's too complex for CUIC?

I had an issue with anonymous block as an example where we had to open a defect since CUIC (not SQL obviously) didn't like the fact that we had a couple of parameters that CUIC couldn't parse even though they were valid with SQL, just curious if you're hitting something like that.

In my case, this was no good:
Select DateTime from Route_Call_Detail
Where DateTime  >= :ZZ
And CallTypeID >= :ZZ2

But this was OK:
Select DateTime from Route_Call_Detail
Where DateTime  >= :ZZ
And CallTypeID >= :YZZ2

Bill,

If I simplify the last SQL query and remove the Pivot - to the point it is only as as below the report completes to "success" in CUIC.

I will simplify the pivot and see if that works at all.

SELECT
CallTypeID = PV.MyCallTypeID
,CallTypeName = CT.EnterpriseName

FROM TEMP3 PV
LEFT JOIN Call_Type CT ON CT.CallTypeID = PV.MyCallTypeID

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

OK Finally - I think I found the bug.

Its not related to the SQL in itself.
If I include any column with a footer (set to SUM) in the report definition the issue occurs.

if I don't have this - the report completes to success - but then obviously I don't have the footer values - which I wanted!

Thanks for your input / help Bill. I have a TAC open - so I will update it with this info.

Regards,

Gerry