cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Reports Show Incorrect Time

tysonshroyer
Level 1
Level 1

We have a single node UCCX 9.0.2 environment that we recently switched over from HRC to CUIC (co-resident) for reporting.

While running some test reports I noticed that the times listed in the reports are off by several hours (see screenshots).  I have checked the time zone setting everywhere I can think of, and it's also happening to anyone that runs the report rather than just one person.  I have the time zone set to America/Chicago for each user (although I've also tried CST and US/Central).  The UCCX server is set to Central Standard Time and it gets it's time from an NTP server.  Checking NTP status on the server shows that the server's time is dead on.

I feel like this is the type of thing that an incorrect setting would cause, but I can't think of any other way that this could be set wrong.

I did find a bug (https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur41928) relating to time zone issues that is known to affect our version, but from what I can tell it doesn't apply to us.  We're already set to the time zone that the workaround would have us set.  I was going to apply the workaround anyway just to see if it made a difference, but I'll have to re-host our license if I do that.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The user should not have any timezone set. It should be set as blank. Also under the Datasources, check the UCCX Datasource and Edit. Ensure that the timezone is GMT.

Basically CUIC should not have any timezone set. It will pull the information from the CCX timezone which is CST in your case. In the event of any timezone settings on CUIC, you will have issues.

The options are for standalone CUIC so leave it at default.

Regards,

Arundeep

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The user should not have any timezone set. It should be set as blank. Also under the Datasources, check the UCCX Datasource and Edit. Ensure that the timezone is GMT.

Basically CUIC should not have any timezone set. It will pull the information from the CCX timezone which is CST in your case. In the event of any timezone settings on CUIC, you will have issues.

The options are for standalone CUIC so leave it at default.

Regards,

Arundeep

That did the trick.  Thanks!

So what if you have users in Eastern and Central times zones and you need them to pull the reports from their time zone. Right now the System Time zone is set for Central time zone.