cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Scheduler - Email Issue

Storm18
Level 1
Level 1

Using the CUIC scheduler, I am able to send successfully an email with a report just to myself. 

But then, I add a couple more email addresses to the email distribution list. Once I verify everything is saved, I then test it by clicking "Run Now" 

The system says to wait and then returns with a green check mark box. I go to my email and nothing. 

Which logs can I reference to see what is going on?

9 Replies 9

If I remember correctly I think it’s the DCP process. Look in the CUIC OAMP to enable logging for it. If you add one email address at a time does it fail at a specific email?

david

I have my email as the first item listed and it works without a problem. But as soon as I add any other email it never comes through. I have tried four different emails in addition to mine in different combinations and no luck. But then I can take any of the four email addresses and replace my email and it works. 

I was able to locate the files I needed but I still need assistance. 

Here are what the logs are saying: 

0003296831: 10.203.250.22: Jul 28 2023 18:00:37.459 -0400: %CCBU___________CUIC-3-EXCEPTION: %[EXCEPTION=CuisEmailSenderImpl :: Failed to send mail][noname=org.springframework.mail.MailSendException; nested exceptions (1) are:

Failed message 1: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses (com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 500 5.5.4 x@domain.org Invalid Address

(com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 500 5.5.4 xx@domain.org Invalid Address

etc...

If you configured your email client in the same way CUIC is configured can you email those other email addresses? I suspect the issue is with the SMTP server.

david

Hi, are you trying to send emails to google accounts by any chance? There's a defect that sounds very close to your scenario as far as issues with multiple addresses, link below.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwf28359

I am. After reading it, I believe you are correct. 

Thank you!

Thanks, please let us know if that is the fix, and mark that as the correct answer/helpful so that it can help someone else.

I ended up talking with one of my co-workers and he says the email was working but then stopped last week. He showed me the emails. So, I think I am going to try and put in a ticket with TAC for further assistance. Thank you!2

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Were you able to fix this issue ? If not, can you start browser page Inspect, then run the report. You should be able to see to which emails address it is trying to send.  Also check if your From address for the report is allowed to send emails to multiple users, most of the times we use made-up From address which is not a licensed one for such use and sometimes such unlicensed emails are not allowed to send multiple emails.

Regards,

Piyush Aghera

BLOG