cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP G.729 question

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

In comprehensive mode, I need the rtp stream to be G.729 between the agent and the CVP gateway. I setup the gateway in a Call Manager location that was different from the agent location and stipulated that G.729 be used. The call when arrives is still in G.711 mode. How to set this up?

10 Replies 10

sandgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Michael,

Please advise what are the device pools (region) of OGW and agent phone?

Once agent DN is determined and call is enroute to agent, H245 will negotiate channel and capabilities between OGW and CCM.

OGW and CCM are in different regions.

It would seem from the following excerpt from the manual that if we are using TTS and therfore need G.711 that the transfer codec MUST be G,711 as well since I cannot set it since it is a combined dial-peer

"

In this case it is always the egress dial-peer that determines

both prompt codec and transfer codec. If using ASR/TTS, the codec must be g711ulaw for IVR

treatment. The transfer codec may be anything.

"

Michael,

You are now asking a different question than the first. In your prior question, you asked how to get g729 to work between ingress gateway and agent. I Did the responses provided in the forum get that working?

Your second question relates to the codec used for TTS. Yes, that must be G711. TTS is executed in an entirely different call leg than the call leg to the agent and therefore the codec can be different since the codec is negotiated separately for a different call leg. The ingress dial-peer voice class remains the same (g729r8 and g711). As you say, it is the egress voip dial-peer on the IVR leg that controls the codec that will be negotiated. That must be G711 only since you are using TTS. I am not sure what you mean by a "combined dial-peer". You have an ingress GW voip dial-peer that is set to a voice-class containing both codecs (g729r8 and g711) and an egress voip dial-peer (for the TTS leg) that contains only g711.

Sorry for the confusion about the TTS but let's start again with the question:

In the IOS below

Dial peer 1 is the switch leg.

Dial peer 3 is the vru leg.

When we transfer to the agent we will use dial-peer 3.

In call manager I have the gateway in region A. The phone for call manger is in region B. For a call between A and B I stipualte the codec to be G.729.

The issue is that the agent gets the call in G.711 and not G.729?

dial-peer voice 3 voip

application vru-leg

voice-class codec 8

incoming called-number 9999T

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 3000

voice-class codec 8

session target ras

tech-prefix 2#

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

application survivability

incoming called-number 3000

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0:15

forward-digits all

voice class codec 8

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 2 g729r8

Two things:

1. The call to the agent will not use dial-peer 3. That is only for the VRU leg. The call to the agent will be an H225 setup from the CVP Voice Browser directly to CM.... Call Manager *is* the egress gateway in this case. The CVP VB finds the CM IP address via a gatekeeper lookup.

2. In Call Manager, there are two ways to configure this. Call manager needs to know from which originating gateway the call arrived so that it can deteermine the form/to region codec.

- create the CVP Voice Browser as a gateway device and then put that device in Region A. In this case, CM sees the incoming gateway as the CVP voice Browser.

- do not create a CVP Voice Browser gateway, but create only your ingress gateway (as you currently have it, I believe). Put that device in Region A. In addition, in VBAdmin, "SetLocationsBasedCac on'.In this case, CM will see the ingress GW as the originating gateway.

Thanks

That did the trick

janbyron
Level 1
Level 1

Two things:

1. Make sure you have a voice-class on the ingress gateway CVP voip dial-peer that has both codecs listed:

voice class codec 2

dial-peer voice 5000 voip

destination-pattern 5...

voice-class codec 2

session target ipv4:10.86.129.42

no vad

2. It is the CCM region in which the phone resides that determines what codec will be used. Your IP phone is in some device pool which is in some CM region. The region defines the codec that will be negotiated for the call.

cspiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have exactly the same setup, i'm trying to use option 1

- create the CVP Voice Browser as a gateway device and then put that device in Region A. In this case, CM sees the incoming gateway as the CVP voice Browser.

It is not working unless if i have Transcoding REsource (Router with DSP) and i need to check **Media Termination Point Required** in CVP configuration on CCM.

the problem with this setup is that all the calls coming from the ISN will use the transcoder even if the IP phone is in Local region using G711.

Hi,

There must be something else different going on here, because you should not need MTP on the inbound call to CM from the CVP Voice Browser.

It sounds like the codecs from the ingress Gateway may be off. Can you see from the ingress gateway voice-codec class or an Ethereal trace what the codec list is for the associated voip dial-peer going to CVP? Note that g729 annexB is not supported with CVP, so if that is present in the codec list, remove it from the voice-class.

cspiro
Level 1
Level 1

i had the following Codec class

voice class codec 1

codec preference 2 g729br8

codec preference 3 g729r8

but it doesn't work so i had to change to

voice class codec 1