Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP rest_cient element: header field format and example

jgass
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am configuring the CVP 11.0 rest_client element for a http POST request with a JSON path (payload). Is there any information on how to configure header field in the customer element? I need to pass three values (including credentials) as part of the header information to the REST web server?

Working examples would be great!

Thanks,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Click on the Headers value field and open the pop-up for entering/editing headers.  See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 00.20.58.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Quigath
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have one as a GET if it's useful:
Capture.PNG

You should also check out the programming guide. It should have all the details you need for customizations.

jgass
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for replying back - the problem I have is that I am not sure what is the format is required for the values in the header field.

For example, the VXML user guide for 11.0 has an example required for the format in the JSON path:

{"community": {"name":"public","snmpversion":"V1","acceptfromanyhost":"true","accessprivilege":"readOnly","servers":{"server":"IP
address}}" } 

But there isn't any help / guidance for the header field of this element?

Thanks,

Jason

Click on the Headers value field and open the pop-up for entering/editing headers.  See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 00.20.58.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: