Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialog Call type Null

Badar Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to implement HA for my CTI client, I am able to re-login/auto-login when the Master node goes down and it switches to the secondary node. However, the issue is that if the call is in active/talking state, then the events I receive have call type NULL. 

The code is structured in a way that it does all the event handling based on call type, meaning that it differentiates events by call type and performs UI adjustments and all other tasks based on that. Since I don't get call type in this case, my application does not operate in the desired way.

Kindly suggest me an approach to tackle this issue.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You had stated:

The code is structured in a way that it does all the event handling based on call type, meaning that it differentiates events by call type and performs UI adjustments and all other tasks based on that. Since I don't get call type in this case, my application does not operate in the desired way.

What logic does your code have based on callType? This may be the root cause to your issue. The Finesse out of the box desktop should be getting the same callType of NULL (you should verify this) and is able to handle the scenario (verify this too). For the most part, there isn't really any logic in the Finesse out of the box desktop. It blindly displays the values from the events whether it is correct or not. The allowable actions from the events should be used to determine what options the user has for the UI.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You had stated:

What logic does your code have based on callType? This may be the root cause to your issue. The Finesse out of the box desktop should be getting the same callType of NULL (you should verify this) and is able to handle the scenario (verify this too). For the most part, there isn't really any logic in the Finesse out of the box desktop. It blindly displays the values from the events whether it is correct or not. The allowable actions from the events should be used to determine what options the user has for the UI.

Thanx,

Denise