cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do application parameters get stored in uccxdb, and if so where?

jeffjengle
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large number of applications that use a small number of scripts, so I relie heavily on application parameters. I would like to automate the documentaton of the parameters for each application, and was hoping to find those parameters stored in the uccxdb (Informix). I have looked through the schema documentation and examined the tables using MS Access connected to the uccxdb via ODBC but have been unbale to find the applications and their parameters. Is there any way to generate a list of application instances and their associated parameters? If they are in the uccxdb, what table and what credentials are required to view the table? Thank you,

-Jeff Engle

UCCX 8.5.1 with CUCM

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

please use a different approach - you are not suppose to change anything in the UCCX configuration database by using "raw" SQL commands.

Can you store your configuration data in an XML file? For instance, if callers from various numbers require different treatment, based on the ANI (or any other information), you may look up that information in the XML file (may be stored in the UCCX document repository, or on a server accessible by HTTP), and modify the behaviour of the script based on the information coming from the XML.

Is this something you can work with?

G.

Hi G,

Thanks for your response. I do not want to change anything in the UCCX configuration database by using "raw" SQL commands. The parameter mechanism works perfectly for what I am doing (many applications using few scripts),

I am looking for a convienient way to document (read-only) the parameters for the application instances. For example, I have 1 script with 25 parameters that is used in 30 different applications/triggers and I want to find all of the application instances that have parameter/variable CSQSecondary set to "CSQ_Escalation". Currently, I have to browse 30 different application Web pages to view the parameters for each application instance. It seemed like a simple solution to simply view a table of applications and their parameters, and export it to Excel to document the application instances with their associated parameters. I assumed the paramters would be in a table in a database somewhere, since this is a typical way to implement this type of feature. Thanks.

-Jeff