Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3.X Creating Custom attribute Failure

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All

Has any one been able to use the custom attributes feature of EIM under Tools? When ever i add a custom attribute and press save the IE Page is just constantly loading and the attribute never saves. I have tried leaving it for ages but it eventually just times out. I am just trying this in my lab at the moment for a customer POC. If any one has a lab of 4.3.X can they try this out? I do not recommend doing it on a live system as if it works you will not be able to delete the new field :-).

If not i think a TAC case will be the only option :-(

Thanks,

Matt P

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

egain_karthik
Level 1
Level 1

After you create the name are you hitting enter so that the custom atrribute is now part of the list and then hit save?

If still a problem you should report this in to be looked into. Creating custom attributes is not a problem on 4.3.1 or 4.3.2

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The only thing we have done under Tools is activate the multiple languages, and check the configured hot keys (F2, F3) for creating a new outbound activity.

What is the purpose of creating a custom attribute? Where do you intend to use it?

I do have 4.3 ES4 in the lab.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff

It allows us to store more information about the activity and then we can re use this else where such as Marcos, Replies, Searches etc.

Do you think you could try adding one? If you go to Tools - Partition: Default - Business Objects - Attribute Settings - System

If you select Activity Data from the list and try adding a custom attribute to it. When you press save that is where it seems to just hang.

Thanks,

Matt

egain_karthik
Level 1
Level 1

After you create the name are you hitting enter so that the custom atrribute is now part of the list and then hit save?

If still a problem you should report this in to be looked into. Creating custom attributes is not a problem on 4.3.1 or 4.3.2

Good point. Getting the right technique with eGain is essential.

It is needed where ever you have to do this - workflows, data access links, data usage links etc. Even when you are experienced, it's possible to forget, save the item and come back later and find that the item has not really been added to the list.

Thanks for chiming in, egain_karthik. Hang around please.

Regards,

Geoff

Cannot believe i forgot that! It is the same as the workflows. Well at least i can create an attribute now :-). Any idea how i create the database indexes so i can search on it?

Thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: