cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM-Fonts?

krizco1063
Level 1
Level 1

We keep getting complaints of fonts and spacing changing when drafting e-mails in the reply pane of EIM.  We have even went back to audit all the articles to make sure they in the same fonts(sizes) as the default font.  Any ideas of how the agent can have a consistant experience while drafting a reply so the fonts and spacing are not continually changing. We need our members to have a professional looking e-mails when they are replied to. Is there a trick or tip to this?  Can not find this in any of the manuals.  Thanks.

9 Replies 9

kimv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kris,

To answer this question properly can you give me an example?

Are you discussing the spacing of where the KB article appears in the body of the email when added, as far as carriage returns or the point size of the font or both? Can you possibly cut and paste an example or just give me an example.  I would also be helpful if you can post both the layout and source tab contents of your example.

Thanks,

Kim

Thank you for your response. I am really referring to many issues.

Spacing, fonts, spacing issues, carriage issues...you name it. Below is

an example. Is there an easy way to get a consistent e-mail that looks

professional without having to do a bunch of manual manipulations? We

have tried even changing all out KB articles to match the default in the

reply pane but nothing seems to be working. Switches to Tahoma to

Veranda...8pt to 10 pt spacing is inconsistent.

Kris Prosen

Technical Analyst

Contact Center Services

Medica Healthplans

Tel -952-992-3167

Fax -952-992-3167

Kris.Prosen@medica.com

That does look poor. I'm sure other NetPro members will be interested in the solution.

This is probably something only an eGain expert can answer comprehensively. I can't believe that it's not possible to get professional-looking responses - otherwise the product would be at a severe disadvantage.

Regards,

Geoff

Here is another example....

Kris Prosen

Technical Analyst

Contact Center Services

Medica Healthplans

Tel -952-992-3167

Fax -952-992-3167

Kris.Prosen@medica.com

are you using EIM 4.3(2)?

Regards,

Geoff

kimv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kris,

Well, looks like you're facing two issues.. lets take the spacing issue first... an I'll test a bit of the various fonts issue in my lab a bit..

As far as the spacing issue of your signature.. this is by design.

If you use the "Add Signature" button from the buttons in the reply pane you will see the signature added with some additional
carriage returns in HTML tab, even though they were not in the original KB signature.

You can add the signature without spaces if you drag it from the KB pane on the left side to the reply.  In that instance it will be added right where the cursor is placed in the reply.

I've added two screen shots here, one by placing the signature from the KB via the button, the other via drag n drop.

Please test that and let me know if that answers your questions regarding spacing and added carriage returns.

I'll reply again about the different fonts and point sizes as soon as I confirm with testing in my lab.

Thx...

Kim

Kim, just on your last sentence related to the font sizes and the spacing in the email, is there some resolution as the problem persists?

Thanks

Samir

Try this

/web/css/platform/agent/egain.public.css file change font for below class it will change font for agent reply pane

.eGainRichTextAreaFont

{

font-family : Tahoma;

font-size : 10pt;

font-style : normal;

font-weight : normal;

}

/web/css/platform/egain.public.css" file change font for below class it will change for KB:

.eGainRichTextAreaFont

{

font-family : Tahoma;

font-size : 10pt;

font-style : normal;

font-weight : normal;

}

Note: These changes are not upgrade safe and will be applicable for entire setup and all departments. We have filed a enhacement request to make these changes upgrade safe (either through setting or server side property file) in future release. Clear browser cache after these changes and backup the files before making changes.

Still read this thread on 2018 and Its work for us!

You are my God!