Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EWT CALCULATION IN Courtesy callback

Hi Guys ,

I need urgent help here.

I have deployed the ccb application where it has to precision queues.

As pert he business requirement .

Calls hits pq1 and then given an option for callback which hits the pq2 (ccb).

I am calculating the ewt here .

The agents are same in the pq1 and pq2 .

Please help me with a formula to calculate ewt for the callback.

The customer always get the callback as set defaults in callback entry app set  to 0.

Please help with ewt formula for using5 the 2 pqs.

7 Replies 7

What CCB calculation are you using now? You can use something that is based on call type or PQ or whatever you want. There are several posts here that talk about using PQ for the EWT, like this one https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/need-help-on-ewt-for-pq/td-p/4869784 or this one https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/ucce-ewt-with-pq/td-p/3543582

Hi Bill,

I am using the below formula:

ValidValue(((PQ.PHX_PQ_Queue2.CallsInQ+1)*(ValidValue(PQ.PHX_PQ_Queue2.AvgHandledCallsTimeTo5,20))/max(PQ.PHX_PQ_Queue2.Ready,(PQ.PHX_PQ_Queue2.TalkingIn+PQ.PHX_PQ_Queue2.TalkingOther))),100)

I don't have access to a system to test at the moment, but you're saying that always shows 0? If you test that function to get a value right now, what does it return for instance?
And what do you want the EWT to be based on? The status of PQ1? The higher value between PQ1 and PQ2? Something else? You can use whatever value you like to calculate the EWT, like is mentioned in those other posts. If you use the same call type for these calls, you can use that instead of the PQ values for instance, if that gives you a more accurate number in your case. I don't understand why you'd offer the call to a 2nd queue if you're doing CCB for instance, but maybe something unique with your business logic/requirements.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for replying.

In the Callback entry application under set defaults .The ewt option I have set to zero.So that callback is always offered to the customer.

We are using the first pq 1 for any calls within 18secs sla .

It get answered there if it is beyond 18secs sla .There is an ivr with an option for callback.

Now customer presses 1 for the call back functionality.

It goes to the icm script where the ccb applications are called .

Here we have another pq2 .

There is also a node where it calculated the ewt .Formula I have pasted above.

This ewt is passed as a session data to the ccb application .

I want to optimize this ewt .

Should the calculation look at the 1st pq1 or pq2 .There will be same agents in both the queues.

So the wait time calculation and customer call will all depend on the ewt .

I guess my question is, why do you have the 2nd PQ? Why not just use the one, and use that for the calculation? If you just look at PQ2 that would seem to underestimate the EWT since the only calls going to that are your CCB calls, if I am understanding your flow directly.
What I typically would recommend is write the EWT values to your Peripheral Variables while you are testing and this way you can compare what the EWTs would have been. So say PV 1 is EWTusingPQ1;EWTusingPQ2 in the calculation and this way you can see which is more accurate.

Thanks Bill for replying.

I so understand your point and the flow was implemented with 1 pq.

However due to the business requirement .

The 2nd Pq was implemented.

The reason why when the call back happens the call comes back to the same pq and it is deemed as another call and also when the call stays in the router .It shows as a queued call in pq1 which increases the max wait time for that pq .Which is impacting the SLA .

Therefore the 2nd pq was implemented with cancel queuing from the 1st pq so that it doesnt show as a call queued in the pq1 or 1st pq.

I can test with the pv to see the ewt on the 1st pq and 2nd pq .However the flow of call remains same .

So you could just look at PQ1, you could look at both PQ1 and PQ2 and use the max/higher value from one of them, or you could use the call type calculation for EWT instead. It all depends on how aggressive/conservative you might want to be re: what you're telling the caller is the EWT.