Views
Helpful
Replies

Extracting values from Form element in CVP

dipmehta33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am trying to integrate CVP with speech recognition engine and looking for a way to store the utterance in the element data and store those values in database. The intention is to know what customers are speaking. 

In the logs, i could see that the values are stored in the Form element - utterance and nbestutterance1 but how do i extract them and store in either a local varaible or element data. 

Form_01,interaction,utterance,i would like to know the status of my application

Form_01,data,nbestUtterance1,i would like to know the status of my application

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
When you see 'data' in the column just after the element name in the Activity Log, it means that it's ElementData with that name and that value: Form_01,data,nbestUtterance1,i would like to know the status of my application

Studio doesn't display ALL element data in the Substitution Tag Builder! But you can still access it by keying it in from your keyboard.

In Studio,
1.Go into the Substitution  Tag Builder  {},
2.Select the Element Data tab

3. Choose the Element: Form_01 

4. In the Variable Name field, use your keyboard to key in the variable name nbestUtterance1 (case sensitive! and remember the 1 at the end.

5. Then press Add Tag:    {Data.Element.Form_01.nbestUtterance1}  

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

This doesn't answer your question, but I would personally not do this from the IVR, but pull it from either the CVP logs or the Nuance logs. This way you have one less dependency in your IVR and you're able to do all sort of analytics on the logs offline.

david

Thanks David. It is easier for technical folks to extract the values from logs, however business guys do want an easier way to keep track of things. I was referring to Janine'solution on the  thread mentioned below and i am able to extract the value of intent by storing it in Field Slot and extracting the value in element data by value.

I would like to take the same approach if available to extract the other value.

https://devnetsupport.cisco.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011103207-Form-Element-Nuance-Get-returned-value

posting it in devnet to gain additional visibility

Hi,
When you see 'data' in the column just after the element name in the Activity Log, it means that it's ElementData with that name and that value: Form_01,data,nbestUtterance1,i would like to know the status of my application

Studio doesn't display ALL element data in the Substitution Tag Builder! But you can still access it by keying it in from your keyboard.

In Studio,

4. In the Variable Name field, use your keyboard to key in the variable name nbestUtterance1 (case sensitive! and remember the 1 at the end.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much @janinegraves . It works :) 

@janinegraves wrote:

Hi,

In Studio,

Hope that helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: