cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse caller display on transferred call

wmelick
Level 1
Level 1

I am running into an issue where a transferred call to Finesse only displays the extension doing the transfer, even after the transfer has completed.  Is there any way to get Finesse to display the external caller number?  The physical desk phone displays the external caller number OK.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just wanted to post a follow up resolution after working a TAC case on the issue.

The problem is related to this bug:  https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu28616/?rfs=iqvred

Any consult (supervised transfer) will not pass the external ANI when a call is transferred to a queue.   However if a call uses the "Direct Transfer" method (a blind transfer) then the external ANI will be passed through.   Blind transfer must be done through Finesse.

In our use case, we have a group of receptionists (in their own queue in CCE) who answer a main number, then transfer callers into various other customer service queues (also in CCE).

They normally answer calls using the VistaPoint attendant console software.   VistaPoint uses the supervised transfer method on the back end (it's an automated supervised transfer...so it dials, then automatically completes the transfer --- so it appears similar to a blind transfer.....but the method behind the scenes is not actually a blind transfer).  

However if we have our receptionists use Finesse and the "Direct Transfer" button to send a call to a customer service queue, then the external caller's number shows up correctly on the customer service agent's Finesse screen.  This then allows the Salesforce integration on the external caller ANI.

So the fix for us was to change the process we use the transfer callers from queue to queue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

wmelick
Level 1
Level 1
I should have mentioned my environment is running CCE (not CCX) and the transfers are coming from humans at desk phones (supervised transfers....not automated).

I think you'll need to provide more information. How are you transferring (i.e. are you using a CTI route point vs. transferring to someone's direct extension for some reason), are you writing this to a variable, etc.

This may be basic, but you'd likely want to have your transfer go through UCCE/CVP and not directly to another phone so that the other data like the Peripheral Variables are preserved.

Thanks for the reply Bill.

Basically we have callers come into UCCE/CVP which then goes to a Precision Queue staffed with receptionists.   These receptionists in turn transfer the caller to another UCCE PQ by dialing a CTI route point.   For the agents receiving the transferred call, Finesse only displays the internal extension of the receptionist doing the transfer....even after the call is released.   However the physical phone itself displays the external caller's number once the call is released.

So Finesse shows one thing and the physical phone shows another. 

I would like to be able to push a variable to Finesse with the external number but I can't seem to find anything to make it work.   I have looked through the list of variables and nothing seems to display the external number.

Thanks.

I'm sorry if this is a basic suggestion then, but if that's you're issue, why not set a PVariable on the inbound call with the caller's ANI, and then if they transfer the call, you'll have the caller's information for Finesse to display it even if the phone doesn't?

I just wanted to post a follow up resolution after working a TAC case on the issue.

The problem is related to this bug:  https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu28616/?rfs=iqvred

Any consult (supervised transfer) will not pass the external ANI when a call is transferred to a queue.   However if a call uses the "Direct Transfer" method (a blind transfer) then the external ANI will be passed through.   Blind transfer must be done through Finesse.

In our use case, we have a group of receptionists (in their own queue in CCE) who answer a main number, then transfer callers into various other customer service queues (also in CCE).

They normally answer calls using the VistaPoint attendant console software.   VistaPoint uses the supervised transfer method on the back end (it's an automated supervised transfer...so it dials, then automatically completes the transfer --- so it appears similar to a blind transfer.....but the method behind the scenes is not actually a blind transfer).  

However if we have our receptionists use Finesse and the "Direct Transfer" button to send a call to a customer service queue, then the external caller's number shows up correctly on the customer service agent's Finesse screen.  This then allows the Salesforce integration on the external caller ANI.

So the fix for us was to change the process we use the transfer callers from queue to queue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: