cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse gadget that would play a wav file to alert the user

tzunt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  Would anyone care to discuss the potential level of effort involved to create a Finesse gadget that would:

• activate at call arrival like a screenpop gadget
  • and play a wav file to alert the user?  

We have UCCE 11.5 in our environment with mostly "nailed up" mobile agent connectivity.  The phones don't ring in our configuration, which is usually fine for a contact center, but one vocal group would benefit from the proposed functionality. We may also discuss the option of mobile agent call-by-call mode which we tested successfully to make the user's phone ring every time a call is offered.  Looked promising, but our partner warned us to avoid that functionality if possible because it incurs increased overhead for the systems involved.  Thank you, Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I dont see any issue in going with Call By Call mode also, people use it seamlessly. you just have to look at the time it takes for the agent PSTN phone rings and have to adjust RONA timers accordingly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

A simple web-page hosted on webserver and auto-plays a audio message in loop and can be called by finesse workflow on incoming call and opens up as new tab, would not do it?

Hi Chintan. I believe it would! It may even be easier to employ call-by-call mode, but I like your solution if we prefer to keep nailed up mobile agent. Thanks.

I dont see any issue in going with Call By Call mode also, people use it seamlessly. you just have to look at the time it takes for the agent PSTN phone rings and have to adjust RONA timers accordingly.