Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse get only a part of ECC variables

CLAUDIO RIVAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently i have some ECC variables configured to pass information from IVR script to another application on agent desktop ussing Finesse, but sometimes i get the ECC variable just blank without the information captured from IVR, this happen aparently without reason, but once i check the logs i can see the events on Finesse and the variables it have with the values, but the value is logged, is there any reason the values are not available trough the Finesse API for the applications?

To let it clear is some of the variables, lets say it passes 4 of 6 variables, the other 2 are just blank.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Finesse doesn't limit variable lengths, but UCCE does. Check the ECC Variable definition in UCCE Configuration Manager. UCCE will cut off at the configured length.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

Could you send examples of the variables the work, and don't work. That would help.

Thank you

As an example i have 6 variables:

Variables consulted for that particular call:

user.ecc.CustomerID=100000000

user.ecc.CustomerStatus=ACT

user.ecc.Account=1023485

user.ecc.AccountStatus=ACT

user.ecc.UserExtension=

user.ecc.LastSelectedOption=

Variables on Finesse logfiles for that particular call:

user.ecc.CustomerID=100000000

user.ecc.CustomerStatus=ACT

user.ecc.Account=1023485

user.ecc.AccountStatus=ACT

user.ecc.UserExtension=10001

user.ecc.LastSelectedOption=2_1_0

The last 2 are always set from the select resource step of the UCCX Script to get the UserExtension and LastSelectedOption, as this values always have a default there is no way the call reaches the agent without having this value set from the UCCX Script.

Regards,

Thanks that helps.

Just to be clear, you are sending the variables from UCCX to Finesse, correct?

And, what event are you expecting the variables to be accessed? For example, a Dialog event.

Thank you

I take the variable on a ScreenPop variant to trigger a new link.

Here is an example:

window.open("http://xyz.com/popup?user.ecc.CustomerID=100000000&user.ecc.CustomerStatus=ACT&user.ecc.Account=1023485&user.ecc.AccountStatus=ACT&user.ecc.UserExtension=10001&user.ecc.LastSelectedOption=2_1_0")

When i have all the values everything works fine, the problem is that sometimes 2 of the values cannot be taken.

Regards,

I apologize for asking so many questions.

So, it looks like you are sending variables from a Finesse event, saying inside Finesse.

Secondly, you mention if you have all the variables. If I understand, you might be sending empty values, like user.ecc.Account=&

If this is the case, could you omit that property from the URL? Or rearrange the variables and see if the behavior is the same. I'm trying to figure out if its just the last two or so variables in a URL that is affected. Or, the two UserExtension and LastSelectedOption that are affected all the time.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response, yes i'm sending the variables from finesse to trigger a weblink. Regarding the values on the variables there is always a value on the variables i can see it from UCCX and Finesse Logs. But those are not getting into the link. Is it possible that not al the values are passed due to process or work load on UCCX or Finesse?

Regards,

Maybe try something like this...

var callVars = dialog.getMediaProperties();

Then, I can access ECC variables like this:

somevariable = callVars["user.ecc_variable_name"];

Sorry if i took this time to respond, but seems a finesse variable have a limit to 210 characters.

Regards,

Finesse doesn't limit variable lengths, but UCCE does. Check the ECC Variable definition in UCCE Configuration Manager. UCCE will cut off at the configured length.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: