cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse - How do we see caller names?

ChrisB-IP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are currently using Finesse and Jabber for calls to our organisation's IT Service Centre. When an agent receives a call, they'll see a message saying that they have an incoming call from the Service Centre, but neither the Finesse browser window nor the Jabber caller details will show the name or number of the actual caller. Is there functionality to see this? Preferably a way that doesn't involve purchasing third-party software. External numbers would be nice, but it's really the internal callers coming in via Jabber / CUCM that would be the most useful.

I know that if I look in CDR reports that it can see the callingPartyNumber_uri and deviceName, either of which would be sufficient to identify an internal caller in most cases, but there's a lag between the call being completed and it showing up in a report.

Searching here and elsewhere, I've found references to getting the UCCX admin run the command "utils uccx icd clid enable". Would this give us what we're looking for? If it even just showed the agent the line number, that'd help them logging tickets to the right users. Some of the chat regarding this seemed more for hard phones, and included additional java scripting, but I might have a hard time getting the admin's assistance if it required anything complicated of that nature.

CUCM System version: 12.5.1.16900-48

UCCX System version: 12.0.1.10000-24

Jabber Version 14.0.2.56216

2 Replies 2

Yes that command should be what you need. Why don’t you turn it on and try, you can always turn it back off again if you for any reason find it not useful?

Response Signature

You could also in your routing script write the variable of the caller's phone number into one of your Peripheral variables so it can be shown in Finesse along with other data that you might want to write.
Here's some background on how you can do it
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/contact-center/unified-contact-center-express/213873-configure-uccx-custom-call-variable-layo.html