Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse PoP windows Application

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Is there a documentation that describes how to create an inbound UCCX workflow that will pop a windows Application and then insert captured digits (entered via the phone key pad) into a field in the windows application. UCCX V11.0 ?

I'm aware of Browser Pop Workflow Action but that's not something we want.

Customer has a custom written Windows Application that the customer uses for CRM. I don’t have details of the application (as it is a custom written app), but I am happy if we can validate a solution that uses a known Windows app like Notepad.exe for example. I then need to determine how to direct the 5 digit customer code to be entered into the correct field in this windows application. If this is not possible within Finesse, do we just Pop the windows application with the 5 digit code as part of the command string and we make it the application developers problem to correctly handle the 5 digit code. (eg run Notepad.exe 12345). I am open to any suggestions on how we can achieve this. 

Thanks
GP.

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gajanan,

The Finesse workflow doesn't have the ability to pop a windows application and insert digits, but there are two things you can try.

1) Do what you have already mentioned: run Notepad.exe 12345 via the ThickClientScreenPop gadget.

2) I have seen customers have their application listen to a certain port and when a HTTP GET is called to http://localhost:port is called, the windows application acts upon it. Maybe the 5 digit code can be sent with the REST request.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks. My colleague spoke to GP about this request. I successfully followed this link:

finesse-sample-code/LearningSampleGadget at master · CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code · GitHub

but when I tried ThickClientScreenPopSampleGadget , followed the instruction, no luck. is this something you can help me?

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 10.31.57 pm.png

Thanks,

James

Hi Denise,

After changing  Finesse running from virtual machine to my desktop, ThickClientScreenPopSampleGadget is working now.

The only difference vm is running Windows 2008R2, and my desktop is running Window 8.

Thanks,

James

Denise

With the second option you gave (have their application listen to a certain port and when a HTTP GET is called to http://localhost:port is called), did you mean HTTP POST? I though Finesse only supported HTTP PUT or POST. Do you have a more specific example I can refer to?

Thanks...Tim

Hi Tim,

This particular developer used a HTTP GET. They built a custom gadget that had all of this logic in it rather than using the Finesse workflow. You are free to call whatever REST API (internal/external) from the Finesse gadget.

Unfortunately I do not have a specific example as I didn't build this gadget and logic. I only helped in the Finesse API part of it.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise, that clarifies the issue. I thought I was missing something in relation to Finesse.

Regards…Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: