cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

get current IVR port usage in UCCX script

Joseph Thvedt
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX is bumping up against our inbound port maximum. I'd like to read our current usage in a script and handle calls differently if we're at or near that ceiling. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don’t have the answer - but the folks at Workflow Concepts might; they seem to have done a fair bit of reverse engineering of CCX and the internal/undocumented Java methods. Your Cisco Collab TSA might also be able to ask the BU internally - but that’s going to be tricky; they’ll be worried about sharing details that TAC won’t support.

And of course: if you’re at the IVR port limit the script won’t execute at all, so this idea only helps as you approach the limit.

You might be able to back into that with some information from 'get reporting statistic'. I am thinking that most information that is in real time reporting is available there. In particular I am thinking on the CCX general where there is active contacts. I think that would include active contacts which should be in the vicinity of what you want. It is also possible you could set some kind of threshold in RTMT when usage gets to a certain level. How you get RTMT to make that information available to CCX is another question.

The problem with the active contacts count is that we have a call-back script that uses 2 ports per contact while the original caller waits for the call-back. I don't know that I can tell from within a script how many of the active contacts are in that state, but it surely is an avenue of investigation. I'll take a look.