Views
Helpful
Replies

REST API Call to Dynamics365

geeknw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I'm working on a complex project now, and im totally blocked in the most important step.

My customer have a Dynamics365 customer service solution, that contains records of all customers, and we are now migrating from another vendor to Cisco UCCX.

I need to implement a script that catch the caller number in uccx and popup the Dynamics record related to that caller or customer (if exist) in the finesse agent Desktop window.

My problem is how to fill the rest api call in uccx script editor and how to catch the url of the customer record and open it in Finesse agent Desktop.

Best Regards.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the Make REST Call step for the get operation and then parse the Document-type variable using the built-in XML/JSON steps or whatever Java methods are appropriate to the data type. Once you have the data in individual variables, or an array if appropriate, you can use the Set Enterprise Data step to hand the values over to Finesse.
You’re welcome to ask a more specific follow-up question but I doubt anyone is going to hand you a complete/working example; you’re the one being paid to make this work.

PS- I tend to get the API call working in Postman first and then configure the step in CCX to match. Easier to troubleshoot that way.

hello Jonathan,

thank you for your reply.

Postman test are ok, i get exactly what i need : tha URL, the filter query, clientID and so on.

now im not sure if the attached config is ok, im going to make the search query and the auth in one step. and i dont know if this going to work,

here in the screenshot the token variable is set statically im using the same token of postman.

please advise

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

If all you want to do is open a Dynamics record then you can do that using a Finesse workflow with the calling number as a URL parameter. You would not need to use the Make REST Call step.

Have a look at this video for an example of doing something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9dDmvt7Qno