Views
Helpful
Replies

Here is an example Node.js App Gateway for PCCE 11.6

Coty Condry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I got excited about using the Application Gateway in the newly-released PCCE 11.6, so I wrote a library in JavaScript that uses Node.js to host a socket server and handle the connections from the ICM Router.

It's a new project, so I'm sure there are bugs to be found, but it is working in my PCCE 11.6 lab on dCloud, and it should work on any system with Node version 8 (perhaps earlier versions too, but I haven't tested yet).

Source code: Coty Condry / ged-145-server · GitLab

NPM library: https://www.npmjs.com/package/ged-145-server

Example server using this library: Coty Condry / cce-app-gateway · GitLab

7 Replies 7

Mark Pareja
Level 1
Level 1

do you have any experience w/ GED-188 ? building a similar interface for cti ?

no, I haven't built anything like that. Someone could probably take this code and make it work for GED-188 by using the protocol documents like I did to build this one.

mcsalmon_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you please share the DOCKERIZING process of your project?

I don't have any dockerizing process for this. I'm just running this service on a linux VM using systemd. I'm sure you could dockerize it using Alpine or something as a docker base image (it just needs node to run). I'm not that well-versed in docker.

Denis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Coty!

Thanks for sharing this! 

Do you know is it possible to pass Global.user variables to AGW instead of ECC or PV?

The idea is to monitor with ICM Admin script and AGW several external services that are used for different self-service features and automatic enable|disable them in case of failure.

Thanks

Denis

Unfortunately I think the only way to do that is to use Set Variable to copy values from Call.user into PV or ECC before going to the app gateway node.

Thanks, will give it a try.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: