cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU on CUIC

pdub716
Level 5
Level 5

Is there a way to see what user is using the most cpu for CUIC_Reporting in CCX 10.6. I keep getting high CPU alerts for cuic, I would like to see what user is running the report that is triggering the alert. I would assume its a user that is running a very data intense report but I'm not sure who.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I would pull logs from the system, and look for any long-running reports - i.e. check for the start of a report running and when it ends. I don't think there's anything built in to allow this sort of analysis.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I really don't think the issue is happening because of a specific user pulling a report that contains lot of data, CUIC should be very well able to handle this. It is most probably happening because of below defect, though the defect says it is fixed in 10.0.1 but I have seen it happening on 10.x versions as well:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuj26488

Check with TAC so that they can collect the logs and confirm this.Also they will help you with running the workaround if they feel the need to do so

Regards

Deepak

I can confirm what Deepak said.  I ran into this problem as well.  As a reference, I am running CUIC 10.5(1).

Let me preface this by saying, that I would work through the TAC, since you need to get into the guts of CUOS to fix the issue (root access).

Our action plan:

Restart CUIC service. If symptoms persist, restart CUIC server. Or:
1. Gain root access to the system (requires TAC on WebEx)
2. Edit the /opt/cisco/cuic/cuicsrvr/webapps/cuic/WEB-INF/classes/oscache.properties file.
3. Add the following line after the line that starts with "cache.event.listeners":

cache.capacity=300000

4. Restart the CUIC service (about 2-5 minutes where the web interface and reports will
not be available to end users).

I was still having memory issues and after review there was an ES1 COP for the version I was running.  It addressed two issues which were memory related:

CSCup39743<>: CUIC - Schedules configured with SFTP causing OutOfMemory errors at time
CSCuq83060<>: CUIC Stuck no response to http requests

After installing this COP file, I didn't run into the 90% memory utilization.

There was one more option that I was given, and that was to disable the LiveData feature.  That utilizes up to 30% Virtual memory according to the TAC engineer I was working with.  If you're not using LiveData, turn it off.  I don't know why it's on by default.   Again, TAC will need root access to fix the problem.

Good Luck.

After running through all the restarts possible that tac suggested  they are having me install a ES to address the 2 high cpu bugs.

CSCux75275

CSCux15633

uccx.1061SU1.ES08

Hopefully this works

Thanks