Views
Helpful
Replies

Historical reports - All available DB connections in use

richard.beach
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We just started receiving DB connection errors when trying to login to the Historical reports.

the error says: "All available connections to database server are in use by other client machines. Please try again and check the log file for error 5054"

However I can't see where anyone is logged into the tool. Is there a way to see who is logged into Historical reports? Also is there a way to kill sessions to Historical reports.

We are on UCCX 7.0 (1) SR05_Build504

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

5 Replies 5

ankitaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The reason you are seeing this error is that more clients are connected through HRC then
what is configured in the system parameters for UCCX. Go to Appadmin > System >
System Parameters > Number of HR session licenses – increase this value and update.

Also, you may need to restart the NM (after hours) for this to take effect.

Jain,

Thanks for the help.We'll look into that...however as I mentioned we don't have anyone logged into it....

Do scheduled reports use these license?

You mention to restart NM....what do you mean by NM?

Thanks again,

NM stands for Node Manager.

You can got o Widnows Services and restart Node Manager( after hours. I know you mentioned that no one is logged in at this
time but somehow sessions are stuck and restarting NM should fix that.

Please also increase this value below. This would hopefully resolve the problem in furture.

Increased the number of "Max DB Connections for Report Client Sessions"
field under tools >>historical reporting.

AH that makes more sense. Just out of curiosity is there a reason to restart the Node Manager over say restarting the Historical Reporting service in the UCCX Admin.

Restarting NM is required for these changes to take effect.

Thanks

Ankita