cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I decide the number of Translation Route?

warrant
Level 1
Level 1

In IPCC enterprise (ICM 6.0, CRS 3.5, CCM 4.0), I know that the number of Translation route is equal to IVR ports count. In other words, if there are IVR 30 ports, we must create 30 translation route. Right?

If not, I want to know how the number of Translation route is set.

I hope that you can help me.

4 Replies 4

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello ,

There is no need for your translation route DNIS to be equal to number of IVR ports.

Number of translation route DNIS depends on how many simultaneous calls you want to have in a specified period of time (I thtink it is 10 sec.I may be wrong on this time).IVR ports are the once that actuall holds the call.

If I have 10 DNIS the I can have 10 simultaneous calls.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika

Thanks,

How the range of Min. & Max. number of translation route DNIS?

If I create only 1 translation route DNIS, can I handle only 1 simultaneous call? I think it is not efficient.

If I create 31 translation route DNIS with 30 IVR Ports, I can handle 31 simultanous calls but I can't translation route all 31 calls to IVR. (Because there are only 30 IVR Ports.)

In my current IPCC project, the number of agents is 18, the number of IVR ports is 30.

What is the recommanded number of translation routes in my case? I need your advices.

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

No, you do not have to make the numbers the same.

Cisco have not been particularly clear on this point in the past, and the question has been asked a number of times.

As you know, the route point or DNIS in the translation route is used for just a short time in order to ask the router for a destination, which is going to be one of your CTI ports in the pool. This is what you licence and this controls the number of calls you can queue.

We don't know what that short time is - 0.25 secs, 0.5 secs. Something like that? Look at your trace and see if you can figure it out.

Route points are free and as long as you are within the capacity of the CallManager, there is no reason not to create as many as there are CTI ports. Just create them, associate them with the CM PG JTAPI user and stick them into the translation route wizard.

I have in the past used ratios like 1 in 4, and 1 in 2.5, but burst situations use up the route points too fast and I have seen errors in the Router Log - "No translation routes left".

If you see the error "Translation route timed out" it means there were no CTI ports left. That's a licencing issue you can't deal with. The other one you can.

My suggestion is to make the number of route points the same as the number of CTI ports.

dror-cohen
Level 1
Level 1

When using Translation Routing, you need to define a range of DNIS numbers that ICM can use to return "intermediate" Labels for - basically so ICM knows which DNIS to expect the call to arrive on. The DNIS selected as the intermediate target for a Translation Route is held from the moment it is selected by the Call Router to the time the call is ultimately delivered to the *final* destination and the PG sends confirmation. Then, the Call Router will 'release' that DNIS so it can be re-used.

Because of this process, the general "rule of thumb" for Translation Route DNIS pool sizing has been:

(Max(BHCA)/3600)*10*1.5

Which is just the maximum amount of calls you would expect to receive in a 10 second period times 1.5. This will give you the number of CTI Route Points you will need to define. They can all use the same CTI Port Group - they are simply there as intermediate targets for ICM to use to track the call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: