cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i troubleshoot Over Subscription or Utilisation in CUCM UCCX

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all. I have a customer who basically has had lots of issues, to the point that they are logging faults of  varying kinds at least two or three times a week now. I beleive bandwidth isn't really an issue as we think they have plenty. However, what we do think is that they have exhausted the capacity of their current setup, they now have a lot more end users and agents than a year ago,  so we think they need to think about buying extra servers to meet this expasnion. however they don't see it like that and think the issues are to do with the way it is currently setup.

What can i do from a troubleshooting point of view to show that the system is being over subscribed and not as a fault with the setup ?

2 Replies 2

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Log into CUIC and go to the report - Reports > Unified CCX Historical > System > License Utilization Hourly Report

This will tell you the active seats being used per hour. You can quickly see and compare based on your installed license count.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There can be capacity constraints at all of the following levels:

1. Server
  2. License
  3. Call Control Group (CTI Ports)
  4. Application
  5. Trigger (CTI Route Points)
  6. Script Steps Executed (Default 1000)

To see if you are having capacity issues you can use the following log search commands on the command line (ssh) of the server which is currently master:

Not Enough Licenses to Answer the Call

file search activelog uccx/log/MIVR "no.*licenses available" ignorecase

No CTI Port Available to Answer Call

file search activelog uccx/log/MIVR "no idle channels available in group" ignorecase

Application Session Limit Exhausted

file search activelog uccx/log/MIVR "max.*reached for application" ignorecase

Trigger Session Limit Exhausted

file search activelog uccx/log/MIVR "trigger has exceeded its max" ignorecase

Script Steps Executed Exceeds Limit

file search activelog uccx/log/MIVR "maxexecutedstepsexceeded" ignorecase

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: