cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to compare Cisco ICM scripts version changes like Version 1 and version 2 difference

Rajesh.M
Level 1
Level 1

I want to compare Cisco ICM script version 1 and version 2 changes/difference  like inside nodes or addition of nodes or flow changed on Version 2 script. is there is any way to find out this using Cisco ICM or third parity application.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no option in ICM to do this . And i don't think 3rd party applications also can do or not since Script editor nodes/data are stored as encrypted format in DB

View solution in original post

Wait a second. There are some SQL queries you can use to compare the nodes inside the script with the Script_Cross_Reference table. This is a slightly tricky query - you need to know the target type you are looking at and JOIN to the correct table.

But you can certainly see if major nodes are present in both versions - objects like Call Types, Dialed Numbers, User Variables (globals), NVRU scripts, Labels, Skill Groups, Go To Script nodes etc. It's not everything of course, but is worth considering.

ASIDE: I encourage script writers to always scribble something about the change in the Description (after saving, right click Properties and say something). Even if this is just a reference to a change / ticket number that has more details. The worst thing you can do (in my opinion) is to make a change to a script and not document it in any way - you can see the description in Script Explorer or with a SQL query.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no option in ICM to do this . And i don't think 3rd party applications also can do or not since Script editor nodes/data are stored as encrypted format in DB

Thanks Sasikumar, we are struggling a lot on Script version changes while migration. Is there is any SQL query or any other way to compare old and new version node changes/addition alone.

I dont think any such tools availability and you have to check it manually.

No Rajesh. you have to manually check from script editor by comparing versions. 

Wait a second. There are some SQL queries you can use to compare the nodes inside the script with the Script_Cross_Reference table. This is a slightly tricky query - you need to know the target type you are looking at and JOIN to the correct table.

But you can certainly see if major nodes are present in both versions - objects like Call Types, Dialed Numbers, User Variables (globals), NVRU scripts, Labels, Skill Groups, Go To Script nodes etc. It's not everything of course, but is worth considering.

ASIDE: I encourage script writers to always scribble something about the change in the Description (after saving, right click Properties and say something). Even if this is just a reference to a change / ticket number that has more details. The worst thing you can do (in my opinion) is to make a change to a script and not document it in any way - you can see the description in Script Explorer or with a SQL query.

Regards,

Geoff