Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create post call survey in ucce 12.5

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I have read online guides on post-call survey and a lot of them look complex due due to their use of custom CVP apps and my low knowledge of CVP custom apps.  Guys,  is it possible to have a post call survey without writting a custom CVP app? Also, will I have issues if my dialled numbers are actually registered to call manager as CTIs?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

For post call survey, you can just use an ICM microapps (like Menu) to collect the caller's response to a survey question like 'rate your agent experience on a scale of 1 to 5 where 5 is the top score'. Accept DTMF 1-5.

In the ICM script either connect the RunExtScript to a CED node that connects to 5 different CallType nodes where each one is a different PCS ranking (PCS1_CT, PCS2_CT, etc). This will allow you to tally scores by CallTypes.

If you're trying to determine the agent that helped the caller then connect the RunExtScript node to a SetVariable node to assign the caller entered digits into a PeripheralVariable, which is automatically saved into the TermCallDetail table at the end of the call.  This way you can later write a CUIC query/report  that associates the caller's rating with their GUID and their RouterCallKey-RouterCallDay to find the agent that helped them. The query would be something similar to this:

SELECT Agent.EnterpriseName  AgentName,

Agent.PeripheralNumber  AgentPeripheralNumber,

TCD.AgentSkillTargetID  AgentSkillID,

TCD.SkillGroupSkillTargetID  SkillGroupID,

TCD.InstrumentPortNumber  AgentExtension,

TCD.CallTypeID  TCD_CT_ID,

Person.LoginName  AgentLoginID,

SG.EnterpriseName  SGName,

CT.EnterpriseName  CallTypeName

FROM  

L12_hds.dbo.t_Termination_Call_Detail TCD

JOIN L12_awdb.dbo.Agent Agent      ON TCD.AgentSkillTargetID = Agent.SkillTargetID 

JOIN L12_awdb.dbo.Person Person  ON Agent.PersonID = Person.PersonID

JOIN L12_awdb.dbo.Skill_Group SG ON TCD.SkillGroupSkillTargetID = SG.SkillTargetID

JOIN L12_awdb.dbo.Call_Type CT    ON TCD.CallTypeID = CT.CallTypeID

WHERE

TCD.RouterCallKeyDay =  'something' AND TCD.RouterCallKey =  'something'

HTH

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

For post call survey, you can just use an ICM microapps (like Menu) to collect the caller's response to a survey question like 'rate your agent experience on a scale of 1 to 5 where 5 is the top score'. Accept DTMF 1-5.

In the ICM script either connect the RunExtScript to a CED node that connects to 5 different CallType nodes where each one is a different PCS ranking (PCS1_CT, PCS2_CT, etc). This will allow you to tally scores by CallTypes.

If you're trying to determine the agent that helped the caller then connect the RunExtScript node to a SetVariable node to assign the caller entered digits into a PeripheralVariable, which is automatically saved into the TermCallDetail table at the end of the call.  This way you can later write a CUIC query/report  that associates the caller's rating with their GUID and their RouterCallKey-RouterCallDay to find the agent that helped them. The query would be something similar to this:

SELECT Agent.EnterpriseName  AgentName,

Agent.PeripheralNumber  AgentPeripheralNumber,

TCD.AgentSkillTargetID  AgentSkillID,

TCD.SkillGroupSkillTargetID  SkillGroupID,

TCD.InstrumentPortNumber  AgentExtension,

TCD.CallTypeID  TCD_CT_ID,

Person.LoginName  AgentLoginID,

SG.EnterpriseName  SGName,

CT.EnterpriseName  CallTypeName

FROM  

L12_hds.dbo.t_Termination_Call_Detail TCD

JOIN L12_awdb.dbo.Agent Agent      ON TCD.AgentSkillTargetID = Agent.SkillTargetID 

JOIN L12_awdb.dbo.Person Person  ON Agent.PersonID = Person.PersonID

JOIN L12_awdb.dbo.Skill_Group SG ON TCD.SkillGroupSkillTargetID = SG.SkillTargetID

JOIN L12_awdb.dbo.Call_Type CT    ON TCD.CallTypeID = CT.CallTypeID

WHERE

TCD.RouterCallKeyDay =  'something' AND TCD.RouterCallKey =  'something'

HTH

Thanks for the direction, could you please tell me how I can get the call to automatically forward the call  to the post-call survey after the call ?

You configure it in OAMP or SPOG.

In OAMP you go to System > Control Center > Dialed Number Pattern.

Press Add. Enter the entry DNIS or patter at the top. Select the
checkbox for Post Call Survey. Enter the PCS Dnis associated with the
PCS ICM Script at the bottom.Press Save and Deploy. That's it.

In SPOG, the PCS Dnis associated with your PCS ICM Script goes at the
top. The Entry Dnis goes at the bottom.

Thank  you, I am going to try this by monday next week and get back to you.

Really appreciate your help.

thanks

Same topic different question. I am configure and we are using a CVP script for the Survey. That all works. But Cisco defaults the ECC for PCS to true, we set at the top of our ingress to false then go into the IVR/Queue treatment. It seems that every time we invoke VXML when it returns to ICM it resets to the default of true... Needless to say this will result in a lot of places to have to apply the check and set to false. 

Can the default be changed to false? If so how?  

I could be mistaken but in the past I thought it was the Send to VRU node that seemed to reset the value. I haven't seen it where it resets it after playing a CVP/VXML application. So you're saying call comes in, you set it to false, you do something as basic as play a greeting, send it back to UCCE, and it is reset to true?
What version are you using?

That's a good bit, let me check and make sure we are not using the send to VRU in ICM post setting the N and get back. We are on Version 12.6. 

This was an older defect I was referring to, but I would try and see if it is still in play, so basically set the value to N after SendtoVRU. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuh42321

I tested a path that had no additional Send to VRU node after I set the PCS ECC to N, but it still happened. What I found in my fiddling is we use release node in ICM, due to a previous bug around hang up.... when I replace it with an END node it does not trigger the PCS. 

Thanks for the responses. 

Interesting, thank you for sharing that. Strange that you're still seeing post call survey though if you're explictly setting it as N. Is it possible that you added the ECC variable for it and didn't reboot the PG after that was done? In other words, if you look in the CVP log, do you see it being set to N?

Wrong topic, my apologies.

Hi Bill, I think he's asking about Post Call Survey, not Courtesy Callback.

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Sarg., 

Actually PCS with CVP is not so difficult as it may seem. Some years ago I wrote two posts with the simple examples of how to do it with CVP applications. You can find these posts here:

Part 1- https://dbenda.blogspot.com/2016/08/post-call-survey-uccecvp-1.html

Part 2 - https://dbenda.blogspot.com/2016/09/post-call-survey-uccecvp-2.html

Maybe these examples will be useful for you too. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: