Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make voice gateway as vxml gateway

Arjun Kamble
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I want to understand simple procedure of making vxml gateway to voice gateway and what are the major things or configuration has to be done on it for suitable work.

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I think you are a little bit late with the VXML gateway, VXML gateway can be activated on 2900 or 3900 routers, the new routers ISR4K are not supported for VXML gateway, cisco replaced the whole idea of VXML gateway with something new called VVB which is a linux based server (like CUCM) that can be run on esxi (the good thing about it is that you can buy a UCS on ISR 4K router and install it there) so dont waste time with learning VXML gateway as i said it is EOS.

Amer

View solution in original post

It may be worth the original poster's time to look in the VXML gateway vs. VVB comparison table. This way they understand what is not possible with VVB that was possible with VXML since VVB doesn't have all of the features. In addition, keep in mind that some things like the CVP config guides still haven't been updated to reflect you may be using VXML or VVB (or even both potentially), they focus primarily on VXML.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I think you are a little bit late with the VXML gateway, VXML gateway can be activated on 2900 or 3900 routers, the new routers ISR4K are not supported for VXML gateway, cisco replaced the whole idea of VXML gateway with something new called VVB which is a linux based server (like CUCM) that can be run on esxi (the good thing about it is that you can buy a UCS on ISR 4K router and install it there) so dont waste time with learning VXML gateway as i said it is EOS.

Amer

Thanks Amer, 

I got to know that vxml is compatible on Generation 2 ISR routers and with channel information.

Thank you,

Arjun Kamble

It may be worth the original poster's time to look in the VXML gateway vs. VVB comparison table. This way they understand what is not possible with VVB that was possible with VXML since VVB doesn't have all of the features. In addition, keep in mind that some things like the CVP config guides still haven't been updated to reflect you may be using VXML or VVB (or even both potentially), they focus primarily on VXML.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: