cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to manually open/close a call center

alexporter92
Level 1
Level 1

Right now I have ICM checking hours of operation for call centers. I wanted to have some sort of CVP application that I could call into that would close or open the call center. I am not sure how to do this. I would imagine i would send a variable from CVP and ICM would check it. From that variable i could force ICM to check it. 1= open 2 = close? Any help on this would be great. Thanks.  I would prefer not to use a database but it may be required for this to work?

I was playing around with user variables but I find myself in the same place. I figure ICM has to have somewhere to check what the variable is (and that variable needs to be stored somewhere).

13 Replies 13

Gaurav Purohit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what you want is very simple and no need for a database.

You don't even need a digit menu element, you can create a Call studio application for CVP with an audio saying something like "do you need to Close the Contact Centre" within a "yes/no" element.

you can catch this response and send it back to ICM which can then do the decision.

The variable is automagically created on CVP side once passed from ICM while invoking the CVP application using To VXML Array. To pass the data back, CVP uses Caller Input or one of the From ExtVXML Array elements.

user and global variables will not help when you want external application to work for you (CVP being external to ICM).

This makes sense but how does the script check? I can send a variable to icm and ive made many menus. How would the icm script know the call centers closed? I thought icm would have to check open close by the variable. Cvp can send the variable to icm but how does the call center check if its closed then?

Alex,

After the CVP app has returned to ICM, you need to SET a Variable.

This cannot be a call variable, but needs to be a persistent variable.

So create a global user variable called "ContactCentreOpen"

And set to a value of "true" of "false" when you return to ICM script from CVP Studio app.

Then in your standard Call Routing script, do a IF and check the value of this global variable. (under global you will find your custom variable)

If its true - then play welcome prompt and queue etc, If value is not "true" then play closed messages.

how to create Custom Variable?

Configuration Manager -> Configure ICM -> List Tools -> User Variable List

Create a User Variable with name userContactCentreOpen -  Data type "Character" and check the "persistent" checkbox.

Gerry

I created the variable. The last thing i am trying to figure out is the CPV menu. I have to put it in the script but not sure where? I guess i need to have a unique DN node to play the open/close CVP menu. I dont want everyone hitting menu.

Yes. For the "Admin IVR" you need to have separate CVP DN

And if this  an external number or even if its internal, you need to have the app PIN protected.

e.g. Welcome to the IVR Admin Application.

Please enter your 6 digit PIN?

If they don't enter the correct PIN, hangup the call.

If correct, then allow user to close / open the contact centre.

Gerry

It is ignoring my variable. I have a 2 option menu. Values return are true and false. I am imagining i need the microapp caller input? It ignore my  global.user variable of true and false

you don;t need caller input.

Its need to return from CVP app.

Do a check on teh returned CVP values and then set the global value depending on the returned CVP Values.

Looks like you are either not setting the global variable correctly or not checking it correctly.

You could also set a global variable in an admin script.

Make sure to activate the admin script to run every 60 seconds.

Gerry

Here is the logic:

This is in an IF node  Global.userCallCenterOpen="True"  then it plays a closed message and hangs up

IF node Global.userCallCenterOpen="False" then it plays the welcome message and continues through the script

I wasn't using an Admin script for now. I would like to make this available for all call centers but i would need a unique DN for all of them.

CVP menu had 2 menu option returning true and false variables

Did i do this wrong?

Hi Alex

Is it related to reporting? Do you want the call center to see the report that it is closed?

If you are controlling the call flow through a variable, the calls are not going to be delivered to the call center anyways.

Regards

Birendra

alexporter92
Level 1
Level 1

I got this work. I now am setting up emergency prompts to play. I created a new variable but it only works with 1 or the other not both. I set it up in the CVP app i created but it still sends to the openclose call center variable. I set both variables up but it only reads 1.

Hey Alex,

I know this topic has been a few years ago, but do you have a sample of the CVP and ICM script on this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: