cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to send the call back to IVR menu if customer selection is wrong

kavle
Level 3
Level 3

I have built a script with Dynamic expression .

if(Call.CallerEnteredDigits==1,"Corp_Support",if(Call.CallerEnteredDigits==2,"VPN_Support","Password_support"))

my call is going to "password_support" for any input other than 1 and 2 . however I want my call to go back to IVR menu if the entry is other than 1 and 2 and 3.

any help is greatly appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

regarding the original dynamic expression: your expression is close - if
you're trying to collect 1, 2, or 3, just change it to the one below.
But depending upon where you're doing this expression, you'll need to
check for the value being "else" somewhere and loop back to the menu
manually. I was not able to get the expression to work without the final
"else".

if(Call.CallerEnteredDigits==1,"Corp_Support",if(Call.CallerEnteredDigits==2,"VPN_Support",if(Call.CallerEnteredDigits==3,"Password_support","else")))

Connect to an if node that checks for "else" and loop back to the menu.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi Bill ,

I have tried the CED node method and it works . I was trying to do it with Dynamic Expressions .

You should probably share a picture of your script as it doesn't make sense. Lik @bill.king1 said you can use the CED node to check what was entered. Additionally, you can use a GD microapp which would allow for retries if your user doesn't press the expected DTMF.

david

I have attached my script here  and I  one more requirement , if you see my script for the Rollover PQ (when the primary PQ agents are not Logged in the call should go to secondary PQ agents .) I have used the static PQ. Is there a way that we can use a dynamic expression / routing for that . 

you can see for the primary PQs(all the 4PQs ) I am using peripheral variable 1 and routing the calls .

however I want to use something instead of static for my rollover PQs also .

you can see PV 1 are my primary PQs in the diagram.

static PQ is my rollover PQs

any help greatly appreciated sir  !!!

I'm sorry, but I still don't follow what you're trying to do. If you want to have a variable (say variable 1) contain the original PQ destination and then the overflow, you can do that. Have the PQ node be dynamic and look at the contents of variable1.
So say variable 1 is Sales|Sales_Overflow. Your first node will set the PQ as the contents to the left of the |. Your overflow PQ would use the contents to the right of the |.

Or even better, have the first PQ looked for the variable 1 name, and the second PQ just add _Overflow to the variable contents.

Is that what you're trying to do?

This is the way. Also, since you're doing PQs why not have steps in your PQ to get rid of your overflow PQ?

david

regarding the original dynamic expression: your expression is close - if
you're trying to collect 1, 2, or 3, just change it to the one below.
But depending upon where you're doing this expression, you'll need to
check for the value being "else" somewhere and loop back to the menu
manually. I was not able to get the expression to work without the final
"else".

if(Call.CallerEnteredDigits==1,"Corp_Support",if(Call.CallerEnteredDigits==2,"VPN_Support",if(Call.CallerEnteredDigits==3,"Password_support","else")))

Connect to an if node that checks for "else" and loop back to the menu.

yes , in place of "else " what I need to put .As I know i can only put  any other "PQ " but I am not sure how I can put something else other than PQ .

thank you I got it. I used a dummy " string " and connected to IF node and used a PV and got it worked . Thank you !!!!!!