Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up SIP Proxy for comprehensive CVP and ICM mode

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

My name is Eric and I'm facing some issues configuring a environment using the components below:

- CM 8.6

- ICM 8.5

- CVP 8.5

- SIP Proxy 8.5

- VXML GW

First of all, I always implement comprehensive mode environment at my customers (using CM, ICM, CVP, GW), but this is the first time that I'm using SIP Proxy, so the workflow change a lot. I've configure everything fine following Cisco's guides, my VRU PG's are ACTIVE, all the CVP services are UP, and the communications between the components are ok. Now I will explain below the workflow of the call:

1 - When I call to a Route Pattern 9001, for exemple, this RP use a SIP trunk that sends the call to SIP Proxy;

2 - At SIP Proxy Server I've configure a 9001 number in Route Table to send this dn to CVP Call Server;

3 - The CVP route request ICM that picks this 9001 DN and run a script. After this, ICM returns the variables needed (media_server, media_lib, application name) and label to CVP using Send to VRU component;

4 - CVP Call Server send this informations to SIP Proxy;

5 - SIP Proxy sends it to VXML Gateway and I can see this calls reaching the VXML GW;

6 - At VXML GW I've configured the dial-peer to reach my label (1234567890) and to calls the bootstrap service;

The big problem is that the calls becomes mute after being answered, I think the communication between CVP -> SIP Proxy -> VXML GW are missing some steps because if I configure my CVP to work with ICM only (excluding the SIP Proxy Server) the calls works fine following the Local Static Route and goes to available agent or queue.

If I'm using SIP Proxy Server, it's necessary to use Local Static Route or not at CVP? I think not because SIP Proxy will use the Route table to send the informations to the components. Another doubt is about ICM, for ICM is clear because the configuration is the same for use SIP Proxy or not, isn't?

Thank you very much.

6 Replies 6

Muhammad Raza
Level 3
Level 3

Verify codec on ingress gateway and phone.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

can you check these points.

- is your media file or the agent call, which one is silent or both.

- have you configured the routes for VXML VG in route table.

- have you configured the rotues for UCM for agent's extension in route table.

Amir,

I'm not using Ingress Gateway, I'm passing from CM Route Pattern to SIP Proxy, using SIP trunk.

Saeed,

- is your media file or the agent call, which one is silent or both.

The media file is not prompted, so the calls becomes mute.

- have you configured the routes for VXML VG in route table.

Yes.

- have you configured the rotues for UCM for agent's extension in route table.

Yes

When I call, I can see it reaching the VXML gateway, but doesn't prompt the audio and neither send the call to agent. The agent becomes reserved but the call are not delivered.

Hi Eric,

On your call flow, the CVP will instruct the CUCM to listen to the VXML Gateway, VXML Gateway will play the prompts to CUCM and i hope you have connectivity between the VXML Gateway and CUCM(calling ip phone)

Regards,

Senthil

Hi guys,

I saw at VXML GW debug command and CVP Call Server log file the following message:

[INBOUND] - ABNORMALLY ENDING - SIP code [200], Reason Hdr [Q.850;cause=38] Q850 Reason [38 - Network out of order, typically a TCL script abnormal disconnect.]

Hi Eric,

Can you test if you have trunk between UCM and CUSP and have you configured the route for ICM label in CUSP towards VXML GW. Also check if you have proper connectivity between all the components including IP phone as Sankar mentioned above.

It looks connecitivity problem between the components or you have missed some thing minor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: