cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to target specific agent through PQ

shayanahmad96
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way that i can target a specific agent id through a Precision queue node. From the pool of agents that qualify on any step i want an agent to be selected based on an agent ID rather than through MSA , LSA or LAA. Is that possible? Will appreciate any response.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If that is the case, then i guess there is only one more solution left in my pocket which is to use cisco API's

Put all agents with level 1

Then once the ECC variable is assigned send the call to CVP App which have a API config to update this agent attribute to 10

the PQ step 1 is 10

so in this case the call will go to that agent

now the challenge is how to move this agent back once the call is done, so in order to do that you need to build a custom finesse gadget to reset the agent attribute to 1 once the call is landed on the agent desktop.

Sorry i am not being helpful but this is the only way to do it , unless your custom app can be customized with API's so that it can update the agent attributes Automaticly.

good luck

Amer

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello,

Routing to specific agent is available in the Route to agent node, PQ can only accepts Attributes, it doesn't accept anything else.

If i understood correctly, you want to route to agent based on the list, so my question how do you know which agent?

Lets say that your first step is to check for sales >=5 , the list will contain for example 3 agents, how do you know which agent you want to route to?

Amer

Hi Amer,

Yes you understood correctly. I have a system in place that allows me to send over a specific agent id to the ICM script. I wanted to know if i can force the PQ to route to that agent rather than selecting one based on the agent order (MSA,LSA,LAA). Seems like that isn't possible based on your response.

Thank you.

Through PQ no, i had just double checked, of course you can do it if it SG but not PQ

Amer

Wait a second, why dont you use the dynamic PQ option?

It requires some work but this is possible

I am assuming based on your response that the AgentID is saved for example in ECC variable (lets say variable 1)

SO why dont you create a a Precision queue for each agent and you can route the call to that agent

Amer

Thanks for the suggestion Amer. Yes thats correct the agentid will be returned in an ecc variable. However, this won't work in my case unfortunately. There are a lot of agents that exist in our system. Wont be possible to create a different Precision Queue for each one. 

Thank you.

If that is the case, then i guess there is only one more solution left in my pocket which is to use cisco API's

Put all agents with level 1

Then once the ECC variable is assigned send the call to CVP App which have a API config to update this agent attribute to 10

the PQ step 1 is 10

so in this case the call will go to that agent

now the challenge is how to move this agent back once the call is done, so in order to do that you need to build a custom finesse gadget to reset the agent attribute to 1 once the call is landed on the agent desktop.

Sorry i am not being helpful but this is the only way to do it , unless your custom app can be customized with API's so that it can update the agent attributes Automaticly.

good luck

Amer

Thanks Amer. That seems like the only option available. Ill try to see if it can be feasible. Thank you for the help.

Depending on your volume changing proficiency levels back and forth might not be feasible. While it's a good idea and would work when not a very high call volume or a lot of agents, at scale you might run into performance issues. Sounds like you're already doing agent based queuing and like with skill groups you can't target a specific agents in PQ either.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: