Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP request POST useer validation

Henrik Larsen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have a UCCX 11.5 where I'm trying to use Finesse Workflow to send data to a customer survey solution. I have built the URL to contain the requested data, the URL is correct and works just fine when calling it directly in a browser session on my own PC.

However when the Finesse workflow call the URL after call has been ended, I get a login message in Finesse browser.

Login name and password is already part of the URL and if I copy the URL from the finesse agent logfile from where workflow is activated, and try to change either login or password, then the browser on my PC fails, so the login information is correct.

At same time when trying to enter same credentials in the finesse login window, login fails every time.

Any ideas ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is this customer survey URL a REST API URI? Is it a PUT or a POST? If it is just a browser URL, you need to use the browser pop instead. Unfortunately this will open a new tab/window. If you do not want this behavior, you need to build a custom gadget (you can use the WorkflowScreenPop as a base) to call this URL discreetly.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is this customer survey URL a REST API URI? Is it a PUT or a POST? If it is just a browser URL, you need to use the browser pop instead. Unfortunately this will open a new tab/window. If you do not want this behavior, you need to build a custom gadget (you can use the WorkflowScreenPop as a base) to call this URL discreetly.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise

It's a HTTP post and I don't want a browser to opened every time an agents end a call, so POP is not an option. Guess I'll go with your suggested solution, ig it's not possible to get around the login from Finesse.

Thank you very much for your answer :-)

Regards

Henrik

Henrik

Did you get this working? I have run into the same situation with survey.

Regards,

Dan

Hi,

Turns out this was a bug in 11.5 FCS version: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb99364

According to the bug details, it should be fixed in 11.5 ES1, 11.5 SU1 and 11.6.

What version of 11.5 do you have?

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I did not elaborate enough because the part I am having trouble with is getting a new browser tab opened every time a HTTP Request is answered by the survey company.

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan,

How is your workflow configured? Is it a HTTP request or a browser pop? A new browser tab will only open if it is a browser pop.

Thanx,

Denise

I could not get it to work as an HTTP Request. But it works as a browser pop except for the new window.

Dan

Hi,

What do you have in the workflow configuration:

workflow.png

What do you mean when you say it works as a browser pop except for the new window? Do you mean that the first time the workflow is executed it opens a new window, but subsequent one uses the same window?

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

The Action looks like this:

When the workflow is executed it opens a new window with the response from the survey company. Each subsequent call will open a new window. It puts it on the agent to close the window each time but maybe they can live with that, I haven't shown them the process yet.

Hi,

Sorry, I am not sure I understand the issue. The design of the browser pop is to open a new window each time.

I guess a better question is, what do you want the behavior to be? Would the WorkflowScreenPop gadget work better?

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: