cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I was looking at screen pop gadget and...

jdickinson
Level 5
Level 5

I realize I can open a web browser which is nice. I wanted to know if there is a way to notify a gadget that's embedded to pop the screen info in there. I have the embedded gadget working and I would prefer that the user stay on a single page in the browser instead of popping open another browser window within the system.

How would I modify the screen pop to post a message. Should I be using SignalR or some messaging mechanism to do this, or is there already some work someone has done to accomplish this task?

Joe

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

What do you mean by post a message? Can you give an example? I assume that this is your question because it seems like you answered your statement about user staying on a single page in the browser.

Thanx,

Denise

what I want to accomplish is to feed a incoming call message from finesse into my EmbeddedGadget.

I can't think of a way to do this using the gadget xml. The only thing I can think of is for the incomming call to link to a web-api that would in turn inform my listening embedded application that a call is being taken. The the smarts would have to be sending the API AgentID and the caller information. Is this the approach I should use?

So, you want the EmbeddedGadget to know when the agent receives a call?

You would need to take some of the code from the screenpop sample gadget and put it into your embedded gadget. The method you need is handleNewDialog = function(dialog) {}. This method gets called when there is a new dialog (incoming and outgoing). If you only want incoming, you would need to filter it. So, if you take a look at the screenpop.js, you can probably reverse engineer to see which additional methods you actually need.

Thanx,

Denise