Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Not seeing "Run External Script"

I created a call flow in ICM and the group wants a custom message outside of the general .wav files that we have. I added the new wave file to both of the CVP servers then added it to the network VRU script in ICM. I then inserted that Run External Script into the ICM. Now when I test call this new script it is not seeing the message and not playing it. I put the monitor on the call flow and when it gets to that greeting the call drops. I took and by passed that run external script and the test call comes through just fine. Can anyone potentially tell me what I am doing wrong here? 

5 Replies 5

You will have to provide more information, like a screen shot. It isn't clear to me for instance if you're using Call Studio VXML applications vs. if you're using Microapps (I'm guessing Microapps). If you can post a picture of your script and maybe the 2 nodes (working one and non working one), people might be able to offer  suggestions.

Your post was blank?

The call flow really shouldn't drop - there is an error path on the RunExtScript node and if you connect that, the call flow may continue even if the PM microapp fails.

1. Make sure that both the success and the error paths of the RunExtScript node are connected to something in the ICM script.

2. Where did you place your audio file? It should be on your IIS Media Server(s) and probably should be under c:\inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\app

3. If your microapp looks like this:
PM,emergency or PM,emergency,A

then the audio file should be in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\app directory.

4. ICM concatenates these variables together to create the http string that the VoiceBrowser uses to find the audio:

user.microapp.media_server/user.microapp.locale/user.microapp.app_media_lib/filename

If you're using PM,-10 then you must also assign the file name into PeripheralVariable10 within the ICM script before calling the microapp.

5. If you're using very long file names or directory paths, it's possible one of the user.microapp variables is too small and something is being truncated, so the wav file URI isn't correct.

If you change the user.microapp variable sizes, you have to restart the CVP server.

Thank you for the response but it turned out to be a file type codec that was not correct. Ran the file through gold wave and corrected it and now it is working fine....thank you for getting back to me

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: