Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM SQL Server 2014 Change Collation

Not applicable

I select collation is Latin1_General in install sql server, but now i want to change my collation to Chinese_PRC_BIN,

I use this command:

.\Setup /QUIET /ACTION=REBUILDDATABASE /INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER   /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS= administrator /SAPWD=**** /SQLCOLLATION=Chinese_PRC_BIN

It display ok, but i change my awdb and hds database have a error.

Object “CK_ViewType_01BE3717 ” depends on the databases collation.

Microsoft SQL Server, error:5075

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Better to stick with what Cisco requires. The Logger checks the Collation on start up and if it does not see Latin 1 BIN, it refuses to start.

Regards,
Geoff

From experience, you are right. I once wanted to change the collation to Hebrew, and it let me change it of course without any issues (I think), but only when you go to the ICMDba tool it gives you an error right away that it detected a non supported collation.

So from now we always keep configuring Latin1_General_BIN.

Although it is shame, because I wanted that my Call Variables to save Hebrew strings, and all it gives me is Gibberish. 

Folks, As of now in the latest release below are the collations supported to install MS SQL with respective language pack installed on Windows Server.

I have not tried anything else other than Latin1_General but i feel others also should work as Cisco claims that.

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SQL Collation Setting
Danish Latin1_General
Dutch
Finnish
French French
German German
Italian Italian
Norwegian
Portuguese (Brazil) Portuguese (Brazil)
Spanish Spanish
Swedish
Chinese (simplified) Chinese (simplified) Chinese_PRC
Chinese (traditional) Chinese (traditional) Chinese_Taiwan_Stroke
Japanese Japanese Japanese
Korean Korean Korean_Wansung
Polish Polish
Russian Cyrillic_General
Turkish Turkish

Right you are. Thanks for that.

Regards,
Geoff

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

You probably need to reinstall the SQL server with Chinese_PRC_BIN and then reinstall the ICM component likewise.