cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interrupt an existing Call to Agent for a Priority Call

Wilfred Dsouza
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer whose agents takes call for 2 Skill Groups. One Skill Group has a priority over the other. As far as queuing is concerned this Skillgroup gets priority over the other.

The customer wants the contact to be handled in such a way that if the Agent is talking to a Contact on the less priority SkillGroup and a call for the Higher priority skillgroup comes in, then the agent needs to be interrupted so that they can answer the high priority call.

Is this possible with UCCE 9.x? The Agent Desktop is Finesse.

Cheers,

Wilfred 

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wilfred,

This is not possible with neither UCCX not UCCE as that goes against contact center ACD concept.  The only way to interrupt call with higher precedence call is CUCM feature MLPP typically used by government/military, though that has no tie into contact center.

Chris

One, very horrendous way of doing this, would be to ask the agents to keep an eye on this high priority queue. When a call arrives, send your current caller to some call park location and take the high priority call. I've never tried this, but in theory, should work.

david

Thanks David. That is what I was thinking... Wanted to check if any one has done this before and if there are any gotchas to it...

Cheers,

Wilfred 

Wilfred, I thought you were looking for automatic way to do this, if you are OK with doing this with agent manual interactions, then I have done something similar at customer where I added "Directed Call Park" extension on each phone's available line and agents transfer to these direct call park lines when queue is filling up and they need to accept other calls.  This would be supported, however regular call park feature would not be as they is one of the features not supported on ACD lines.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris. I would prefer the automated way but if that is not possible then would be helpful to know what are the other ways to get around this. Thanks for your comments. Were you able to get reporting as to number of calls forwarded to "Directed Call Park"? If so was it customized or one of the stock reports?

Cheers,

Wilfred