cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC IVR Help needed Desperately!!! (expert needed)

baileja
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are running IPCC and have created some CRA scripts that interact with various databases. All work fine except for one. The logic of it, is that a user dials into IPCC and the script that greets them asks for them to enter in the numeric portion of their street address (we use a Get Digit String). The script then executes a DB Read with a SQL statement something like select * from table where address = $streetnumber

This queries the SQL database table for all addresses that start with the numeric portion of their street address. So if my address was 445 Three Creeks Ct, and I enter 445, the script returns all addresses starting with 445. Next a DB Get is executed and the script dumps all the results from the DB Read into a java.util.Vector() array.

Next another get digit string is executed and the caller enters in the first two alphanumeric charachters of their street address. So for the address above I would enter: 84 which is Th.

I then take the first digit and loop through the java.util.Vector() array and if the alpha portion of the address starts with T, U, or V (letters represented by the number 8 on the telephone keypad), I remove that object from java.util.Array() using java.removeElementAt(i). I then do the same thing with the second charachter. In order to process it this way, I use an "if then" for each numeric charachter to match it with the digits collected via the get digit string.

I then take the array that has only legitimate possible addresses, and read the results to the caller in a menu and they select the correct one by pressing one, two, etc... Now I have their address to start giving them assessment info.

This is all working for addresses that only return a limited number of results (such as 445 Three Creeks Ct, there is only two addresses that start with 445 and 8 and 4 or TUV + GHI). But for addresses like 100 acorn or something that returns many addresses after the numeric portion of the address is entered, the script dies. I believe it is because the script now goes through many more steps when more possible answers are returned and possibly reachs a memory or step limit.

Does anyone have a solution for this or a better way to do this. Mine is pretty messy and cant handle large results. I have attached the script for your review.

Thanks a bunch to any who reply

8 Replies 8

baileja
Level 1
Level 1

Test

JimSJ
Level 4
Level 4

Wow, that's a heck of a script. I can't offer you a better idea of the logic without studying things more, but just after reading your post, a quick thing you may want to try if you believe you're hitting a step limit is to increase the maximum number of steps. By default I believe its 1000, but this can be changed by going System / Engine / Engine Configuration / edit the Maximum Number of Executed Steps field. Changing this value will require a restart of the engine.

Good luck to you,

Jim

Jim,

That fixed my problem. I would like to leave the post open for suggestion on a better way to do this, but Im gonna give you the points for fixing it.

Thanks a bunch,

Jami

Jami,

You may try to look into other options like, prompting caller to first enter zip code ,or state & city using alpha numeric keypad on the phone.

So, if you search by zip code OR state/city, your search for street and number will be very limited and hence few records to choose from. Logic is very much like what we use in Global Positioning Systems (GPS).

Some of these samples can be found in following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

Thanks and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,

Sandeep

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

Any chance that someone out there has this script. I am trying to get various samples of database interactions to learn from for an upcoming project.

Thx

I would really like to see the above script. However, it has expired, can someone please re-post it so I can download and learn. Thank you.

I would like to see the script also....can someone repost? Thanks

Here it is. Been working great for over two years now. Its a bit messy and long, but functional none the less. I have not attached the voice recordings that our higher ups said they wanted versus TTS. But the logic to enumerate through SQL data such as addresses is there if thats what you needed.