Views
Helpful
Replies

ipcc script - redirect calls from group on agents make busy

john_greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

IPCC 7.01

- customer would like to have calls redirected out of the que if there are agents logged in, but are in make busy. [with no agents available to take calls]

I am redirecting calls when all agents are logged out - but wasn't sure how to accomplish this if the only logged in agent is in make busy.

I know they should be logging out - but they want this as a safe guard.

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

That makes little sense. Agents will soon be coming off their current call and will be available to take a queued call - but there won't be any, and they will have to sit idle waiting for someone to call. This is standard queuing theory, the mechanics of which were specified by Erlang.

Are you sure this is what the customer wants?

Regards,

Geoff

the issue they have is not all agents are logging out at the end of the shift, and leaving the agent ID in manual make busy. So, what is happening is the que ends up with an agent logged in - that is left in make busy, and a call will que to a group when there isn't anyone there. [I realize this is really a management problem]

So, my question is - in scripting, can the ipcc redirect the call if there are only agents logged in that are in the agent make busy state?

If the script cannot determine the difference between agent make busy [done via softkey], and an agent actually on a call [therefoer they are busy] - then yes this would never work.

This seems more like a training issue with the agents and supervisor(s).

Anyhow, you might want to look at using the "Day of the Week" and "Time of Day" Routing if the working hours are fixed. Also, you might be able to play with the "get reporting statistic" and do checks on agent logins and agent not ready and do "If" Statements to determine routing decisions after that to get what you want.