cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a limitation of characters in a String variable in 8.0.2?

Debra Chittick
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a limitation of characters in a String variable?

I'm trying to create an email within my script and when I paste my text into my parameter, which is a String variable, it will only paste up to 80 characters (including spaces).

In 7.0 I was able to paste my paragraphs and the larges paragraph had 346 characters (including spaces).

Thanks,

Debbie

20 Replies 20

Hi Debra,

Is it a custom variable or you are using one of the 10 default Call Varaibles? As per the ICM DB schema all the default 10 Call Variables has a limit of 40 characters (varchar). If it is custom variable then you can define the max length (210) when you are creating it in the ECC. but make sure that total byte value of your all ECC varibles are less than 2000 byte other wise you will get error message while saving it.

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

It is a variable that I created.  I don't see where I could devine the Max Length.  Can you explain the procedure?

Hi Debra,

In the configuration manager select Tools > List Tools > Expanded Call Variable List. Now click retrieve and then click on the variable which you have created. On the right side of the window under the Name field you will get the Maximum length field. It is a mandatory field any without putting any value on this field you can not create ECC variables.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

In my version, I had to go to Settings > Expanded Call Variables...

When it retrieved the variables, there is only one listed and I'm not even sure that's used.

There are only two types of Expanded Call Variables: Scalar and Array, which would be used? 

There are only three columns in the list: Name, Type, Description.  I don't see anything that would indicate the size of the field.

Thank you,

Debbie

Hi Debra,

Are you using UCCE 8.0.2 or UCCX 8.0.2. If you are using UCCE then you did not tried what I suggested you to do. Please check the attached screenshot. In the screenshot my custom variable has a maximum length of 30.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

Ahmed,

I am using UCCX 8.0.2, which explains why I didn't see what you explained.

Debbie

Maybe there is another way to do what I'm trying to do. 

Is there another way to add the body of an email to a CreateEmail step?  

Debra,

can you please post a screenshot of the window or form that won't let you insert more than 80 characters?

Thanks.

A wild guess: it's the Set step, right?

G.

It is the Script Application page in CCX Administration.  I'm unable to populate the Parameter EmailBody0, EmailBody1, EmailBody2 with the paragraphs that I had when this script was in 7.0. 

Hi Debra,

Even i was suspecting that its not UCCE. I never noticed this type of error message while doing the email steps in version 8.0 and 8.5. Perhaps my email body was short. Let me check it tomorrow and will let you know. But normally there should not be any limitation. Can you please post screenshot of the error message.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

Ashfaque,

There is no error message, the field just will not accept any more keyboard input.

Debbie

What variable type you have chosen for this step.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

It is a String variable that I have selected to be a Parameter.

Hi, can you just use something like "a really, really long string which is more than eighty characters long, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah and more blah blah blah blah blah" as the initial value of that String?

I want to find out whether the 80 is the limitation of the web page.

Thanks.

G.

P.S.: I would try that myself but I am already at home without access to any UCCX. ;-)