cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Join original caller to call from Place Call step.

Sergio Fare
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to program a script where the caller calls in, the system then places a call to an outage coordinator by getting the first phone number from an XML file and waits for the outage coordinator to acknowledge the call by pressing any key, otherwise it will try the second phone number in the XML file. This is working, however once the script places a call and the outage coordinator accepts the call, I need to join the original caller with the outage coordinator in which the script placed a call to. Is this possible to somehow merge the two call legs together or am I doing this wrong?

Essentially, I'm trying to program a hunt group in UCCX using a script and the reason for that is that I will create an administration script for them to call into and modify the phone numbers in the XML file. I want this to be self-service for the business and I don't want to have to go into CUCM to modify hunt groups on a weekly basis.

I'm attaching the script for your reference.

Any help or insight is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Sergio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't recall ever finding a solution to this, and I'm very confident it cannot be done with native steps inside the editor.  There is no "join across lines" if you will for two contacts inside of a script.  If my memory serves me, the solution, which isn't really a solution at all, is to collect the digit from the answering party, then inform them they will receive a call momentarily and to answer it, which is you scripting the end of the place call step and in turn, using the call redirect step to send the caller to the answering party who pressed the digit.  Now, your use of outside tools like Twilio are fair play as well, but it wouldn't solve the original question either: merging two active contacts inside of a script.  Thanks for the mention.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

This has come up a few times and I think @avholloway had a solution around this with UCM. How I've solved this is using Twilio and sending a call to Twilio and have Twilio find someone to handle the call by asking them to press a digit to confirm they are there.

david

I don't recall ever finding a solution to this, and I'm very confident it cannot be done with native steps inside the editor.  There is no "join across lines" if you will for two contacts inside of a script.  If my memory serves me, the solution, which isn't really a solution at all, is to collect the digit from the answering party, then inform them they will receive a call momentarily and to answer it, which is you scripting the end of the place call step and in turn, using the call redirect step to send the caller to the answering party who pressed the digit.  Now, your use of outside tools like Twilio are fair play as well, but it wouldn't solve the original question either: merging two active contacts inside of a script.  Thanks for the mention.

Thank you @Anthony Holloway and @david.macias for the response. I appreciate it.