cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loop Counter between Scripts

Jim Oltman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing a UCCX scripting project and I'm trying to find a way to create a loop counter that can increment between a main script, and subscripts.  So I have main script that calls out 8 subscripts.  I'd like a new call to have a loop counter of 0, then the caller chooses an option in a menu which sends them to a sub-script.  In that menu, they can press 9 to go back to the main menu.  However, I'd like to increment the counter either before or when they go back to the main menu/script.  If the main script sees a counter of 3, then it takes them to voicemail.  I am learning about SESSIONS, but I'm not sure if I can change a session variable inside a submenu.

I hope I made that question clear.  Thank you!

6 Replies 6

I would think you would be able to do this with sessions or just with any variable, although I've never tried it. However, why don't you put the menu logic in the same script and only when you're sure of the destination jump to a new script?

david

tannerezell
Level 1
Level 1

What's the thought behind this? What are you trying to accomplish with this setup?

Tanner Ezell

ContactView - Visually Create AEFs for Cisco's UCCX

I'm trying to prevent a malicious caller from tying up my phone lines indefinitely.  I figured that a loop counter that survived between scripts would be a good method.  The goal is to let someone who entered the wrong menu hit 9 to take them back to the main menu.  Thanks!

Curious, is this a problem you are having currently? If so, how are you determining that this is what's happening?

ContactView - Visually Create AEFs for Cisco's UCCX

I'm trying to be sure I don't go down a rabbit hole and get lost.  I want to be sure that sessions are the way to go for my need or if there's something better.

If you have some time tomorrow I'd be happy to run through it with you if you'd like.

Let me know.

Regards,

Tanner Ezell

ContactView - Visually Create AEFs for Cisco's UCCX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: