cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Masking the displayed destination in Call Redirect situation

schm196
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Helpdesk script in UCCX that redirects the caller to a specific internal DN during on-call hours (after hours), instead of routing to the CSQ.  Helpdesk technicians change a call forward all setting on that redirect DN to reflect whatever external mobile phone number is on call during a particular week.

The problem is that we do not want to disclose the redirect destination (neither the internal DN nor the currently assigned call forward all external mobile number).  Currently, once the redirect is successful and the system calls the on-call mobile number, the original internal caller to the Helpdesk will see that final destination number displayed on the phone placing the call.

How can I manipulate the display of the called number for that call redirect?

Thanks a lot for any pointers,

Matthias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Matthias,

I am not sure if it can be done in UCCX but in CUCM, if you create a translation pattern and set the Connected party ID to restricted and have UCCX transfer to this translation pattern you should be able to accomplish what you are looking for.

Thanks

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Matthias,

I am not sure if it can be done in UCCX but in CUCM, if you create a translation pattern and set the Connected party ID to restricted and have UCCX transfer to this translation pattern you should be able to accomplish what you are looking for.

Thanks

Please rate useful posts.

schm196
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much, that did the trick!   :-)  

I'm quite the newbie in UCCX so I wasn't sure if I just couldn't find it there due to my lack of experience...  I tried the translation pattern in CUCM instead and that worked without a hitch.  I now have UCCX redirect to the pattern configured in CUCM, which translates to my internal on-call destination.  What's nice is that I can separately control called name and number restrictions... I restrict the number only but can still display the name label of the internal extension.

Matthias