cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max number of variables in action exceeded error in Finesse while invoking webservice

smeegada1
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am getting Max number of variables in action exceeded error in Finesse while invoking web service in workflow.If Input parameters are less than 5 its working fine.In Cisco links i do see there is a limitation of 5 parameters.currently we are 11.6.1 version, would like to know if there is any patch with new ES to pass more parameters or a change in registry to pass more parameters is available option with existing version?Any help/info is really appreciated.

19 Replies 19

Hello,

We have done that in similar way with concatenate variables in few common EEC variables in ICM script, but there are still some limitations with this approach such as max length of EEC variable (210) and we are using much more.

I thought your solution is based on gadgets.

My problem with gadgets actually is configuration on workflow events (conditions: ringing, answered etc.)

I don't know how to configure some gadget to be triggered on specific event.

Hi Slobodan,

Our solution was based on concatenate variables(multiple webservice request parameters) in ICM and set in ICM script to ECC.How many request parameters are you trying to send? With ECC variable length(210) and still not able to invoke with 5 ECC is little surprising.No, our solution is not based on gadget.

Thanks

Hi,

@Slobodan Todorovski wrote:

I thought your solution is based on gadgets.

My problem with gadgets actually is configuration on workflow events (conditions: ringing, answered etc.)

I don't know how to configure some gadget to be triggered on specific event.

Take a look at the dialog's state, it will be ACTIVE, INITIATING, INITIATED, etc. Here is a table of the different values and the meaning of each value: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!state-dialog-parameter-values

I hope this helps.

Thanx,

Denise

Hello Denise,

Thanks for your fast reply :)

Before we start configuring gadgets are we sure that with gadgets we can call as many variables as we want without limitation? We don't want to develop gadget and to hit same limitation of 5 variables :)

My second question is for gadget position in Finesse layout.

Can we paste is anywhere in Finesse desktop layout or it has to be in specific place?

We have test gadget, it's working but it's positioned in new TAB (copy from myStatistic tab) named "Test" and with our test gadget (simple popup gadget):

<tab>
     <id>Test</id>
          <icon>home</icon>
          <label>Test</label>
     <columns>
       <column>
         <gadgets>
             <gadget>/3rdpartygadget/files/ScreenPop/ScreenPop.xml</gadget>
         </gadgets>
      </column>
    </columns>
</tab>

In our case we don't want to have new tab, but to have gadget running in "background" and I'm wondering where to position it in Finesse XML desktop layout.

Thanks in advanced

Hi,

Can you be more specific on what API are you trying to call? Is it a Finesse API or an external third-party API? By building a gadget, you are basically making a raw API request using the JS makeRequest method. So if the API itself does not have a limitation, you won't have a limitation in making the request. I hope that makes sense. Take a look at the ExternalRestAPISampleGadget: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/ExternalRestApiSampleGadget

You can have a hidden gadget (also known as headless) by seeing a paramter:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#headless-gadget-configuration

Thanx,

Denise