cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH issue when caller in queue

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

I have a call center that  at one time was using Cisco Finesse and the manager didn't like it so I moved them to a hunt group. Now after a year of the hunt group they want to move back to the UCCX environment but they want different MOH than everyone else. So what I did was created a new call control group just for this group of users and assigned the MOH that they want and assigned that to the trigger. So to test it out  I logged into Finesse and I made sure that I'm the only agent logged into the queue. I call the contact center phone number from my cell phone and I get 1 ring in my ear and then it goes right to a greeting saying. "All of our representatives are assisting other callers at this time. Your call is very important to us so please stay on the line and your call will be handled in the order it was received”. At that point I accept the call on my IP phone, then I call the contact center number from my other test phone and of course by me being the only agent logged in I'm on hold and the message says "All customer service representatives are currently assisting other customers please hold for the next representative”. That's what I expect to get and then I should have the MOH, but Instead of MOH I get "All of our representatives are assisting other callers at this time. Your call is very important to us so please stay on the line and your call will be handled in the order it was received”. Then I get MOH. So I want to get rid of the second message and have the MOH play instead what should I do to fix this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi!

If I understand you correctly, 

The second time you hear must be the prompt of the time when the agent is being available and the call is being redirected to the agent. In UCCX there is no ringback tone when call is being transferred to an agent, but it is playing the music on hold from the CUCM, which is kind of stupid in my opinion.

So probably when you have in your script is a "Hold" node when queuing in order to hear the music in queue that is basically being played by the MOH of the CUCM. And then when agent is available, instead of hearing the ringback tone it plays the MOH again.

I would actually suggest to:

a) Change the MOH of the Call Control Group to be a simple ringback tone.

b) Change the script that instead of Holding the call when queuing just use a "Play Prompt" node in order to play any prompt you want while queuing. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Looks as something goes wrong within your script. Have you ever debugged the script and had a look what is going on within the script? You will see, if your 2nd call is going twice to the announcement you mentioned.

Hope this helps

Peter

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi!

If I understand you correctly, 

The second time you hear must be the prompt of the time when the agent is being available and the call is being redirected to the agent. In UCCX there is no ringback tone when call is being transferred to an agent, but it is playing the music on hold from the CUCM, which is kind of stupid in my opinion.

So probably when you have in your script is a "Hold" node when queuing in order to hear the music in queue that is basically being played by the MOH of the CUCM. And then when agent is available, instead of hearing the ringback tone it plays the MOH again.

I would actually suggest to:

a) Change the MOH of the Call Control Group to be a simple ringback tone.

b) Change the script that instead of Holding the call when queuing just use a "Play Prompt" node in order to play any prompt you want while queuing.