Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move from Cisco IP Communicator to Cisco Jabber

UCCE version 11.6.1 / CUCM version 11.5.1

In our environment, we are still using Cisco IP Communicator for our UCCE agents. Since it is obsolete, we wish to move to Cisco Jabber to handle the calls. But we have noticed that when we add a CSF device for the user in Call Manager and add it to the Application User Group, both CIPC and CSF have a CTI connection to the Application User Group and have a conflict. This way, the agent can logon to Cisco Finesse anymore as 2 devices are registered with the same DirNumber. 

Is there a best practice to migrate the agents from CIPC to Jabber ? 

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We had a similar case with a customer who switched their agents from CIPC to Jabber. My job was to set up and test Jabber. I did not deal with the CIPC and application user associations. The customer created Jabber profiles and trained the agents on Jabber. On the cut over date, they removed the CIPC devices and linked the Jabber profiles of the agents with the application users. They asked the agents to use only Jabber

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

We had a similar case with a customer who switched their agents from CIPC to Jabber. My job was to set up and test Jabber. I did not deal with the CIPC and application user associations. The customer created Jabber profiles and trained the agents on Jabber. On the cut over date, they removed the CIPC devices and linked the Jabber profiles of the agents with the application users. They asked the agents to use only Jabber

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

Thanks for your quick reply. So basically, you create the Jabber device without linking it to the Application User. Once Jabber is installed and tested, you remove CIPC from the Application User and add Jabber to it. And then just never use CIPC again. 

Did I understand that correctly ? 

Kind regards,

Stefaan

@Stefaan Breugelmans wrote:

Hello Nithin,

Thanks for your quick reply. So basically, you create the Jabber device without linking it to the Application User. Once Jabber is installed and tested, you remove CIPC from the Application User and add Jabber to it. And then just never use CIPC again. 

Did I understand that correctly ? 

Kind regards,

Stefaan

Yes that would be the recommended path to take.

Response Signature

Yes thats what we did.  After moving the agents to Jabber, we deleted the CIPC devices from CUCM.

Response Signature

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Admittedly I work with CCX, so the behavior may differ from the CCE PG, but have you tried having only one of the two devices registered to CUCM at a time?

The crux of the problem is that CTI Manager requires an application to specify the DN+device combination when subscribing for events if there is more than one line appearance actively registered. The application can merely state the DN it wants events for when there is only a single line appearance registered.

PS- You should be moving to the Webex app with UCM Calling at this point, not Jabber.