Views
Helpful
Replies

MS CRM 2011 with UCCX 10

Driss BENATTOU
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

It's my first time to do integration with CRM.

I have some questions regarding this integratio :

1. How can I do this integration ? Is the JDBC Driver is enough or do I need some connector (eg. B+S Connector) ?

2. Add Callback Button allowing call from CRM Client ?

3. contact form prompt when receiving inbound call ?

4. Notify how many times this contact form has been used and treated ?

5. How Can I notify into CRM that there is a missed call ?

Regards

Driss

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

first of all, what are the business requirements?

G.

Hello,

This project concerns a call center which is reponsible for dealing with prospects via outbound calls.

So, the agents have to schedule and launch a lot of outbound call compaigns. The agents are alo able to receive incoming calls.

Into CRM, the information about  customers and prospects will be used when receiving / making calls so that the agents can identify their customers or update some of their informations.

Regards

Driss

This is just a basic overview, a bit vague, don't you think?

1. How can I do this integration ? Is the JDBC Driver is enough or do I need some connector (eg. B+S Connector) ?

It depends on the interfaces the CRM can offer. Did you already do the research? Is there SOAP access? Is there SQL access? What methods, what tables?

2. Add Callback Button allowing call from CRM Client?

Theoretically, yes, but why would you want to do that?

3. contact form prompt when receiving inbound call ?

Yes. Again, it depends on the answer to the question with number 1.

4. Notify how many times this contact form has been used and treated ?

This is CRM reporting. Probably yes.

What is a missed call in this context, please explain.

G.

Hello,

It depends on the interfaces the CRM can offer. Did you already do the research? Is there SOAP access? Is there SQL access? What methods, what tables?

I didn't install Microsoft Dynamics CRM to know the structure. I think CRM uses MS SQL Database

2. Add Callback Button allowing call from CRM Client?

Theoretically, yes, but why would you want to do that?

To offer possibility to callback a contact/customer from CRM interface

What is a missed call in this context, please explain.

when receiving call and all agents are not available, how can inform those agents that there was a call not reachable or missed or anything else.

Regards

Driss

Hi,

well, you should absolutely get into touch with the folks administering the CRM system. No, you cannot rely on the database. CRM's may cache a lot of things in the RAM which is not necessary persisted in the database right away. So yes, you need to use an API (not SQL!) to talk to the CRM.

About question number 2: no, I meant why you would want to solve this? I mean, if it is about the CRM, let the CRM folks do that.

RE question 5: think again. If the call does not reach the agent, the call does not reach the CRM, or at least you did not say that CRM is called while the call is still processed by the routing script - actually, this is what you want to do: to call a CRM interface while the call is being worked on by the script. Again, this requires to examine what API's the CRM offers.

Please do not make the same mistake some people did a few times - they think there must be an easy way to integrate call center with a CRM, show me what program I install, where is the configuration and that would be it. No. That's not how it works. You need to first understand the requirements then study the tools and then build the integration. It's not going to happen in a snap.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: